Rubbing Brakes

Hi Guys,

My name is Sam - I am new to this so hope this thread works. I bought a 5 month old clio 200 with cup chassis last week and everything seemed fine. Driving the last few days however the brakes seem to be rubbing and it is getting progressively worse - up to the point now where they feel like they are sticking on.

I'm not very clued up on the mechanics of cars however I have checked the brake fluid level at it seems fine. Have any of you had this problem or can you advise any possible solutions to cure the problem?

Thank you in advance,

Sam

hi,
Yes its when I use them - I can hear them grinding when I push them hard and then when driving slowly I can still him them grinding slightly when im not on the brakes. Im not sure what to do - do you think I need to take it in to Renault?

Thanks,
Sam

renault is place to go. sounds like the vacuum hose is blocked as its not letting the pressure back out.

hi,
Yes its when I use them - I can hear them grinding when I push them hard and then when driving slowly I can still him them grinding slightly when im not on the brakes. Im not sure what to do - do you think I need to take it in to Renault?

Thanks,
Sam
i would
how many miles it done?

definately need sorting out that I used to drive a van that the brakes used to come on thereselves lmfao. i used to get some abuse

sounds like the vacuum hose is blocked as its not letting the pressure back out.

Vacuum hose? Brakes are hydraulic lol

Any idea how long the car has been stood during those five months Sam?

If its been stood long enough they may have seized slightly and the disc surfaces have corroded (do they look pitted with small black spots?)

If so it may just be a matter of a few hundred miles and a few hard braking manouvers on a quiet back road to clear the discs up and fetch the surfaces down to good material.

Hi jaxx,
It has been stood in a garage for quite alot of the 5 months (the guy I bought it from only used it on a weekend). I've had a look at the discs though and they appear to be fine - no obvious marks or black spots. Any other ideas? I've got it booked in at Renault on Wednesday - do you think any work that has to be done will be covered under the warranty?

Cheers
Sam

Vacuum hose? Brakes are hydraulic lol

Any idea how long the car has been stood during those five months Sam?

If its been stood long enough they may have seized slightly and the disc surfaces have corroded (do they look pitted with small black spots?)

If so it may just be a matter of a few hundred miles and a few hard braking manouvers on a quiet back road to clear the discs up and fetch the surfaces down to good material.

http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=90&highlight=brakes+-braking

do the hydraulics work off fresh air?

Hi jaxx,
It has been stood in a garage for quite alot of the 5 months (the guy I bought it from only used it on a weekend). I've had a look at the discs though and they appear to be fine - no obvious marks or black spots. Any other ideas? I've got it booked in at Renault on Wednesday - do you think any work that has to be done will be covered under the warranty?

Cheers
Sam

have you looked on the inner side of the discs...youd be surprised by how they can rot/rust on the inner face - even though the outer looks fine !!

I would bloody hope it was covered under warrenty after that many miles