running issue's , is it normal ??

Loving the 197 I bought recently , but am not totally happy with the way it drives so looking for some advise , and hopefully a remap will sort it out.

It get a bit jerky driving it on times , I can put up with it when its cold as even my 08 plate M3 is a bit temperamental when its warming up , but I feel the car doesn't run cleanly , its as if when you give it full throttle it seems to be strangled , it seems to drive better if you give it half throttle then give it more throttle as the revs rise , and sometimes it seems to go really well with a small amount of throttle , much better than twice as much throttle.

Could it be a fly by wire throttle , maybe a throttle body problem , or are others getting the same thing , and a remap would fix it.

Sometimes it seems to go really well , and other times not so well , it definitely feels more livelier than my 172 rally car when revving it so I don't think much is wrong

Cheers for any help
Ian

They're all a bit difficult to drive. One of the reasons my missus didn't like driving it and we changed to the MPS.

These cars are so individual so no two cars seem to have the same problem mine is 5 1/2 years old and never misses a beat and never had remap
Then you have some that have had a remap and it runs better.Fuel type as well seems to play a factor also.For me personally it's got it's own soul and that's what make me love my 197 even to this day and I don't even drive it.But I still know what's happening with it when I'm in it
Perhaps for you a remap may be the way forward
Sorry I ain't been able to answer your question but that's my feelings:roy:

Try running it on Tesco Momentum 99 Ron petrol if you haven't already. Made mine 100% better, gods honest truth.

Down in South Africa we only have 95octane fuel. A remap sorted out most of the issues u mentioned but I can only imagine how smooth it would be on 98 octane.

I use only Shell V-Power and Elf Evolution SXR and she's smooth as silk.

I use tesco 99 on all my cars , this included , and its still doing it , going to order an RStuner box and see how that helps

I drove it earlier and it seems very sensitive coming off the throttle , do they have issues with the fly by wire throttles , as if you come off the throttle a small amount and you'd swear the throttle was slammed shut
and other times your holding the pedal still and it's as if the throttle flap is moving on its own ??
Cheers Ian

I use tesco 99 on all my cars , this included , and its still doing it , going to order an RStuner box and see how that helps

I drove it earlier and it seems very sensitive coming off the throttle , do they have issues with the fly by wire throttles , as if you come off the throttle a small amount and you'd swear the throttle was slammed shut
and other times your holding the pedal still and it's as if the throttle flap is moving on its own ??
Cheers Ian

in a nutshell that doesnt sound right.....its not normal well for mine anyway :bash:

i have a catback and mine feels like a flat spot but above 3000 rpm or if its warm its happy as larry, ive gone for the decat and renflash and hope that irons it out.

if you bought it recently take it back to where you got it from and ask them to check it out, could be a fuel pump or a blockage in the fuel filter/injector. (ive had a sticking injector on a 3yr old scooby)

I would try adding a full bottle of redex in a full tank and give that a whirl, at the end of the day that's £5 for the redex and £350+ for the RS Tuner, i know which id try first.

Hmm, I wouldn't say that this is normal mate, mine doesn't do anything of the above and I was driving it for one and a half years without a remap, and to add to that I haven't heard of any similar cases. Only kangorooing when cold and that was for the first 2 minutes. I reckon you should have it checked. Stupid question but have you plugged an OBD reader in case there are any faults?

And something a bit off subject, how do you compare the clio to your M3 driving wise? What is the fun factor of both cars in your opinion? I haven't got the opportunity to drive an E92 M3 yet but I do love that car. Only the high rev V8 is more than enough for someone to desire one..

I had a similar issue with inconsistent response. The car randomly felt like it was held back/choked when driving from standstill and through revs generally. My suspicion was sticky calipers and fortunately I was correct, both front and rear were mucky. I cleaned and greased all four corners and the the issue went away. It was a vast improvement. Hopefully its as simple in your case.