Rust? Should I be worried

Found this while washing the car.....

ydejeqy4.jpg

This is in the front of the rear wheel arch

Looks as though the paint on it is come away, showing come rust beneath

Last edited:
If it's only surface rust then clean it all up, get some treatment on it and paint it back over.

That bit is black on mine and on the trophy as if its treated? not a metalic silver plate?

Take It in to Renault just to be sure. I thought these cars had a mega long corrosion warranty, would it apply to that area?

Has it ever had paint that you are aware of?

There were a few stone chips in this area i spotted when buying, the dealership "sorted it" as part of the sale. Looks as though it was simply painted over.

Take It in to Renault just to be sure. I thought these cars had a mega long corrosion warranty, would it apply to that area?

Yes, 7 years IIRC.

Car booked in for friday. I have informed them that this being sorted was a condition of the sale and if they arent going to sort it that way, it should be looked at under the 7 year corrosion warranty. Just finding out the terms and conditions of that from RUK.

im pretty sure that silver bit wasnt on mine, as i use to blast the leaves and dirt ut when cleaning, looks something bodged. not saying it is mind.

The silver'ness is what looked to me like paint without any colour, difficult to explain but its coming away and is stretchy.

There is no silver on mine, it looks to have some sort of black sealant on it.

Past back to the dealership as it "should" be covered by the 7 year warranty. The warranty assessor is looking at it tomorrow so fingers crossed.

This little sill in the arch is a bit of bad design, isnt it?

It catches all sorts of crud and lets water sit there. It should be flat or something without that little lip. Just sayin.

Right, the cars in for the body shop (Trident in St Annes) to check if the rust is coming from below the paint or if its on top. Trying to see if the paint is coming though (warranty claim against the 7 years corrosion guarantee) or is caused by stone damage.

Its worth noting that the rear passenger side has non of this.

Also I forgot to mention on here that when I first bought the car, there was a spot of rust on the arch itself, this was sorted when they prepped the car and it being fixed was a condition of sale. Sooooo the question is did they just paint over the rust and not sort it properly... the plot thickens.

I do have "sorted paint work out" on the bill of sale.