satnav

Hi luke197, at last!
As AshK said, it is very difficult to find the Wiring Loom & GPS aerials. I've not given up yet but now staying in a place and waiting for an opportunity to find all missing parts.
If it is not a problem, could you explain Sat Nav Connecting Diagram? Where do all those cables go?
I made this drawing for you in order to help us understanding some details. I assume that my current Radio Unit does not match the Sat Nav System and I will probably have to buy another one. Which one? Do aerials need to have only 3 plugs or 4? What is about steering wheel commands, will they match (Clio 3 without Sat Nav System)? Do I have to buy adaptor for steering wheel?How can I check that all these parts match to each other?
I would really appreciate any help you can provide for all of us.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Sat system.jpg
    Sat system.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 355
  • Sat system.jpg
    Sat system.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 365
Last edited:
Hi luke197, at last!
As AshK said, it is very difficult to find the Wiring Loom & GPS aerials. I've not given up yet but now staying in a place and waiting for an opportunity to find all missing parts.
If it is not a problem, could you explain Sat Nav Connecting Diagram? Where do all those cables go?
I made this drawing for you in order to help us understanding some details. I assume that my current Radio Unit does not match the Sat Nav System and I will probably have to buy another one. Which one? Do aerials need to have only 3 plugs or 4? What is about steering wheel commands, will they match (Clio 3 without Sat Nav System)? Do I have to buy adaptor for steering wheel?How can I check that all these parts match to each other?
attachment.php

Hi luke197, at last!
attachment.php

Attachments

• Sat system.jpg
    Sat system.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 304
Hi Georg,

Unfortunately its just quite a easy as plugging in a few cables. The GPS system needs to be wired into the cars CANBUS system, I joined it in at the diagnostic socket. The system also needs to get a speed signal, I picked mine up from the ESP unit.

The red plug on the aerial is used for a GSM signal, my TomTom unit uses it for the TomTom Live system. The radio I use with mine is the one on the right, number 3.

Luke

In the meantime, I would ask you Luke, did I name all the parts correctly, in the picture below?
Is it necessary to replace UCH and Steering Wheel Commands?
attachment.php

Attachments

• Nav system.jpg
    Nav system.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 303
Hi Georg,

Unfortunately its just quite a easy as plugging in a few cables. The GPS system needs to be wired into the cars CANBUS system, I joined it in at the diagnostic socket. The system also needs to get a speed signal, I picked mine up from the ESP unit.

The red plug on the aerial is used for a GSM signal, my TomTom unit uses it for the TomTom Live system. The radio I use with mine is the one on the right, number 3.

Luke
hincan any idea what colour the speed signal wire is on the back of the tomtom got everything up and running but the maps are all over the place never pointing the correct way and always lagging well behind was told it need a speed signal any help be great mate

Currently doing this conversion, having issues getting it working!!
Does anybody have any wiring diagrams for the 197 and a Clio with the tomtom.
Also, does it need to be plugged into the body control module!
I've got everything including the donor car loom.
I've also already got the stalk controls but the wire colours are completely different in my car/to the donor.
Really really stuck with this!

What are the 3 connections on the back of these? (yellow, white, blue)

And some of the units I've seen have a 4th connection (red)?

I'm hoping the yellow is a composite video in?

The red connection is for the 3G signal, I have it on mine as I brought the Live version of Carminat TomTom. You have to pay yearly for it to work but its updates the cameras and traffic jams as you drive around. You can also search google for locations.

Luke197, do you have any wiring diagrams from when you did your conversion? Having issues getting it to power up etc.

Sorry mate, I printed them all off in A3 at work then just chucked them away when I finished. It only uses to power cables like a normal stereo. I got mine mostly working out of the car before I put it in.

Hey guys! For anybody attempting this, I managed to find a full guide with plug diagrams and everything labelled and it tells you what to connect where.
Unfortunately it's in French and I've translated it and produced a word document with images.
If you would like it give me a pm
It's useful if you've not done this sort of thing before aswell!

Reactions: DS197
Hey guys! For anybody attempting this, I managed to find a full guide with plug diagrams and everything labelled and it tells you what to connect where.
Unfortunately it's in French and I've translated it and produced a word document with images.
If you would like it give me a pm
It's useful if you've not done this sort of thing before aswell!
Your you send me a copy of that plaese I was given the screen and card and remote all working just need to see what I need next