Say a prayer....

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Paid Member
....for my Nan guys.

Poor old girl is 98 years old and while the mind is full - the body was rapidly failing.

She had a 'funny turn' on Dec 9th and hasnt been right since.

Got taken to Hospital yesterday; has been basically comatose since - and this morning Docs turned off all antibiotics, drips etc and told us we were best to leave her as she was shutting down and they don't expect her to last the day. These were her wishes too. She's just had enough.

Dont feel bad or sad. She's had a great innings and she hasn't suffered. Just do me one thing all:

Relish life: today especially.....and cherish those near to you.

Cheers.

Beautiful post Shuv mate. Quality sentiment.

Let's face it, she's had a better go at it than most of us will. Hats off to her. And to go in reasonable peace at an old age without having to suffer anything horrible is the best that anyone could wish for really.

Thoughts are with you and your family mate.

Lovely post Shuv. I feel your sentiments entirely.

My Nan's funeral was last week, she passed after a brief illness. Luckily me and the wife were able to visit her in hospital a few hours before she passed for which I will be eternally grateful.

Thoughts are with you and your family.

So sorry to read your post mate :worried: Really hoping somehow everything turns out well and sending my best wishes at this time to you and your family.

Reactions: sevenfourate
98 - good innings indeed. God bless her. All my grandparents passed away when I was very young and I lost my father 2 years ago. Trust me she is going to a better place Shuv.

Blimey, 98 years old... not many people that manage to hold on for so long, she must be a fighter!

My best wishes to you and family Syer.

Thanks all for your thoughts.

My dear Nan departed this World peacefully at 10pm last night and headed for her next adventure. Fighter until the end....

Have a great day chaps :smile:

Thanks all for your thoughts.

My dear Nan departed this World peacefully at 10pm last night and headed for her next adventure. Fighter until the end....

Have a great day chaps :smile:
So sorry to hear that mate. Sounds like she fought right to the end. Hope you are all bearing up ok. Thinking of you.