seats in my 197 cup

hi everyone ive owned my car for 4 years this year, i owned a mk1 clio 1.4 rt back in 93 when i really wanted an rsi or a 16v, im still fairly "new" to all things sporty clio's. I've often wondered if tje seats in mine are less common as it were as ive never seen a set like them anywhere, in person or on tje web, they are 'leather' and have a quilted type centre to them , i hope my pics upload ok: obviously id rather them be the recaro's bit never mind, just thoight they were odd for a cup car?

They are not Renault covers most likely they are edge atuomotive or trimtechnik custom made ones the only other car that matches the Clio 197/200 standard seat shape is the Clio GT around 2009 model has half leather seats and the steering wheel is the same without the line stitched on it which is better than a Clio cup one.
1683704465197.png
1683704649764.png

Clio 197 factory leather

1683704814009.png
1683704852657.png

Clio 200 factory leather note the rear seat in a Clio 200 is a four seater the seat base does not split fold

1683704926133.png
1683705020838.png

Reactions: Stew
hi thanks for the reply, id be surprised if they are covers to be honest its factory fitment you can tell, airbag tags are present too, maybe they were an option? its a bog standard car no mods, pretty nice all the same!
if i had the mo ey id like to fit the recaros though, there was a red 197 non cup for sale when i was looking at cars which had the recaros but the car was over double the price of the one i ended up with.
thanks for ypur help, stew

I think it's Trim Technik Liverpool I think they are a company that do limited editions for the car companies therefore your airbag tags are no big thing for them to do and the quilted look seems to be their thing. I had looked at all this a few years ago before I found a set of genuine Clio raider / Meganne 250 leather covers for Recaros.

1683710907057.png

1683711615057.png
1683711643194.png

Have a look in the buyers guide... "Leather upholstery was available, however this was typically a retro-fit from a Renault approved supplier".

It's not uncommon for interiors to be swapped out, usually for recaro's mind you :wink:

Hi, thanks for your reply, that's interesting stuff, i had no idea a manufacturer would outsource this type of work, i suppose it makes sense in a way.
thanks everyone for the help/info

stew

hello all, after me saying ive never seen another clio with the same seats as mine ive just found one on autotrader for sale with the same interior as mine it seems, the advert says "renault i.d leather"
its a white 08 car like mine but i dont think its a cup version.
cheers, stew