Select Neutral on Push Button Start

Recently had my 3rd and 4th synchros replaced under warranty. However the reversing lights now don't come on, but I found it why that was, so that is being sorted. But part of that (or maybe not?) is now when I press the brake to start the car and it is definitely in neutral, it comes up with, 'select neutral'. So I have to press the clutch as well to make it start.

This isn't exactly end of the world stuff but as it is under warranty I'd like to get it all back to how it was before the gearbox was repaired. Any ideas?

Recently had my 3rd and 4th synchros replaced under warranty. However the reversing lights now don't come on, but I found it why that was, so that is being sorted. But part of that (or maybe not?) is now when I press the brake to start the car and it is definitely in neutral, it comes up with, 'select neutral'. So I have to press the clutch as well to make it start.

This isn't exactly end of the world stuff but as it is under warranty I'd like to get it all back to how it was before the gearbox was repaired. Any ideas?

I've never started the car using the brake. You can just hold the clutch in instead.

Should have been CLUTCH + START.

Did you know this?

I know that some Renaults will say;

Press Brake + Start (if in neutral)
Or;
Press Clutch + Start (if in gear)

Never seen the neutral message before though!

Something wrong with the gear position sensor?

Could be? I wouldn't know.

When you get in it, it is Press Brake + Start, which I do. It then tells me to Select Neutral like it thinks it is in gear. Driving home after work found that you can just go straight for the clutch, just odd how it use to do it with the brake before the gear box fix.

But could just put this down to the French factor.

It is either the gear position switch is knackered OR the switch hasn't been plugged back in to the loom (check).

Easy to check if you get on your hands and knees and look behind the passenger front wheel.

Once the switch for the reversing lights was replaced, this solved the problem. Back to foot on brake to start.

Not that this is much but there is nothing more annoying than reading a whole problem thread, that you also have, without an answer at the end!