Service Stamps & Book

CSOJON2982

Platinum Member
Afternoon,

Just enquiring . . . Is there anyway of being issued a new service book for my RS200 and getting the stamps back dated to show the service history?

Will Renault have the service dates on there system - from when it has been serviced?

When I purchased the RS200 I noticed when I got home that the book hadn't been stamped to show the service it had had before my pick-up. I contacted the dealership and asked if I sent the book back, could they stamp it and return it back to me. I was told this wasn't a problem - so off went the book back to them. Some time had passed and I hadn't heard off them or had the book back. I phoned the dealership and was told they had returned it to me but not recorded or signed for, nor did they have proof of postage. I have checked with my local sorting office and there is no outstandind post for me. So . . . i'm a bit stuck at the minute.

Any help will be appreciated - thanks. Jon.

Can't see why not if you know where it was serviced as like you say they all store the records on pcs now

Well I bought her with 16,573 miles on the clock and pressme she's had 2 services. So I know where the latest one was but not the first.

Who was it who lost the book, a renault place?

I'd be getting on to them to get it replaced.

Hahaha good luck with them bunch of knob heads wouldn't buy a wheel barrow from them

I have had dealings with these before and they are a waste of time
Hope you get more joy than I ever did

I'd be furious about that. These big dealerships seem to be a total waste of space.

Renault are starting to use an electronic system for recording servicing/warranty work now rather than solely relaying on stamps in a book so i suppose theres a possiblility they could help, or at least be able to print it out from their systems?

No idea what they call it but i watched Mick @ Diamond Motors enter mine onto RUKs database.

There must be an evans halshaw that's a renault dealer, i'd be getting them to sort out, if they have no proof of posting they have no proof at all.

Give em some ****e.

we had are clio from them it took me 6 weeks to get the locking wheel nuts or a new set as they lost the origanl set keep on at them eventuly you will get there :thumbsup:

Finally got somewhere today! There's no chance of getting a new book issued as Renault don't have any stock, anywhere! But they will accept a print out of all services carried out so long as they have the garage details on the printouts! So I spent most of my time today phoning up and getting passed from pillar to post until someone eventually understood what I meant!

Anywho .... Problem solved! Many thanks for the help guys n gals!