200: Shell Vpower strange effect

I always used total 98 fuel (total elf recommended by renault :smile:), the consumption was 23,09 miles/gallon over 20000km. Now using shell vpower for the first time because there was no total petrol station and the car pulls stronger and the fuel consumption suddenly went down to 26,4 miles/ gallon or from 10,2 lt to 8,9lt 100km.

How is such instant effect possible just by changing fuel? I always thought total was the best for renault :smile:

Do other people have similar experiences.

Vpower is always regarded as the best (obviously even better when I've made it :wink: haha)

But to feel such an instant response is strange, and one could easily put it down to placebo effect....however!
The cleaning agents of vpower also outweigh many fuels aswell as the performance factor being superior to many!
So what your experiencing may be the engine running alot cleaner burn, or a load of rubbish sitting on the valves/rings/ports that have been 'blown off' so to speak, by running a cleaner fuel.

As I say, this is all possible, however, the likelyhood is that you are experiencing a placebo of 'it's the best fuel, it feels faster', but, as I say, it could be one of the aforementioned reasons also :smile:

Hope that helps!

placebo effect.

You need to run a car for 3-4 tanks before the ecu adjusts to the new fuel iirc

I run momentum 99 on both the 200 & 265.

I use momentum 99 aswell. Always used to use V power till basically all the local Shell stations were taken over by other brands :worried:

I recently changed from 95Ron fuel to vPower and noticed the effect (I know the car is designed for 98Ron) but I also found my mpg went down from 25mpg to 23mpg once I upgraded. I thought I would get more mpg, not less!!!