Sherlock Holmes

richandgem

Platinum Member
We went to see this saturday and we both really enjoyed it. It was a alot better than I was expecting tbh, I'll definately be buying it on blu-ray when it comes out :smile:

Anyone seen it?

Oh and has anyone seen Avatar, cant make my mind up if I want to go see it or not

Watched Sherlock Holmes a couple of days ago. Really liked the Robert Downey Jr. / Jude Law combo :thumbup1: the way it was filmed was really nice and the story wasn't bad either. The last 20-30min were a bit off until Sherlock revealed the plan :biggrin:

Watched avatar 2 weeks ago (not 3D) and the movie is really good. Some could say the story is already known cause there can be found similar stories and after watching it for less then 1 hour you know what's gonna happen. But tbh if you forget other similar movies (the main thought) the story is really good and the characters are well thought through. The graphics/effects are stunning and the time just flies when you're watching it.

Went this Friday to watch another movie - The Book of Eli :sleep: if you take out the first and second fighting scene and the 1min at the end where Eli reveales "something" (won't tell ya :lol:smile: then the whole movie would be a pile of shit :thumbdown: the bright spot was Denzel but he's done a lot better in other movies. Can't forget how crap Mila Kunis acted :thumbdown: and Gary Oldman wasn't even good tbh :sleep: or maybe the script was rubbish :sleep:

Oh and has anyone seen Avatar, cant make my mind up if I want to go see it or not

yeh we went to watch avatar last weekend.
its a good film, but i didnt watch it and think "wow.! you can tell its the most expensive film ever"
it was expensive because its just about all computer generated, and computer geeks cost lot of money.

I can completely agree with Ozi. Avatar when you break it down is a typical 'boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy has fight, boy gets girl back' just like a hundred other films you can think of. What sets it apart is the visuals in it - if your going I would recommend it in 3D its not the tacky in-your-face 3D like the 90's its a lot more subtle and I would say it makes it a better experience.

I saw Sherlock over christmas and really enjoyed it. It was something different and very entertaining, I would happily watch it again!

The last Blu-Ray I bought was Hurt Locker if anyone else has seen it? Its up for 8 Baftas and I think its a great modern war film. Its in a similar vain to Blackhawk Down so if you like that Im sure you will enjoy watching it!

I still cant make my mind up, I dont know if I wanna go see Avatar. I want to go see films that have something different not just a bucket load of effects. To me it looks over hyped, when I've seen the trailers it hasn't really grabbed me which is odd coz normally I'm a proper sci fi geek lol

Sherlock Holmes was a good film, i'm the same about Avatar - not sure it appeals to me - think i will wait until it is released on blu-ray!

Sherlock Holmes was a good film, i'm the same about Avatar - not sure it appeals to me - think i will wait until it is released on blu-ray!

thats what I'm thinking bout doin, I know my mate will buy it on blu ray so I can just barrow it off him lol

i have sherlock holmes and Avatar on DVD atm but havnt watched either yet, but i have heard very good things about Avatar tho. just need to get some speical glasses for it, lol

Seen Sherlock Holmes a few weeks ago... Allot of the filming is done in the heritage market in Liverpool and i know the woman who owns it! She said it cost them £75,000 for filming there! And if you interested they have signed up to film a second one later in the year :smile:

The simos picture is from a heritage market scene :tongueout:

i have sherlock holmes and Avatar on DVD atm but havnt watched either yet, but i have heard very good things about Avatar tho. just need to get some speical glasses for it, lol
thats the other problem I have, my eyes are knackerd so 3D doesn't work on me :worried: