Side Vents

Guys,

Photo below isn't of my car, just to show which part I mean (ignore the circled area.)

1000224bq2.jpg

Essentially my side vents have become discoloured and dirt seems to have bonded to the plastic.

I clean the car thoroughly with APC, in shuts and protect my trim with Poorboys.

However the vents just seem to stay exactly the same, even tried cleaning with cotton buds, and applying dressing.

Anyone else have this problem? or any suggestions/products to try?

Cheers
JAM.

I usually give them a clean with an APC and a detailing brush then spray some Aerospace 303 on them and wait for a while before hosing it off.

Works well and lasts for a few months.

303 and Poorboys New Look Trim gel and pretty much everything else pale in comparison to G/techniq C4. This stuff really is the best of the best and in areas such as the side vents which are a pain to do is a must use product. A real good clean and wipe down with IPA (isopropohol alcohol) is a must before application but you should see 18 months out of one application. Its not cheap but its fantastic.

303 and Poorboys New Look Trim gel and pretty much everything else pale in comparison to G/techniq C4. This stuff really is the best of the best and in areas such as the side vents which are a pain to do is a must use product. A real good clean and wipe down with IPA (isopropohol alcohol) is a must before application but you should see 18 months out of one application. Its not cheap but its fantastic.

Noted :smile:

Would it work on all trim?

Noted :smile:

Would it work on all trim?

Yep, works on everything bar glass! (G/techniq call it C1 for paint and C5 for wheels but its exactly the same stuff just a different label). I have it on all my trim at the moment. Had it on my previous car too and it lasted easily 18 months. Great stuff. A bottle of 15ml is around £22 but you can easily do a whole Clio with 3-4 ml. This stuff really does go a very long way. Be sure to make sure the surface has had a good wipe with IPA just before you apply it to ensure a perfect bond. Apply it with make up removal pads or a cotton bud.

Signed!

I don't use c4 though as I had a bottle crystallise on me they wouldn't replace despite we using it 100% correctly. There was a crack in the lid they sad I'd done.

I use swissvax protection which is very good IMO but I would say c4 lasts longer.

UPDATE:

Bringing the thread back up as I now have a photo of my side vent.

No matter what I do, I can remove the contamination below:

Iron X
Megs APC etc

Any ideas guys? Up close it's weird. . .

1zyda52.jpg