Sill replacement

Hope someone can help me out here, how do you remove and refit the lower sills, the painted bit that runs along the length of the car, that has the renaultsport plate on it, I've got all brand new clips (courtesy of Karl, thanks!)?

Are you fitting a new sill? if so looking at the new one will tell you were all the screw holes are.

Underneath, along the length are are around six screws, i had to undo three to fit my renaultsport skirts.

Under the silver renaultsport trims (in thedoor opening) are a few screws, i saw this on a car i looked at buying that had the trim missing not sure were any others are but i bet there is/are some under the front wing edge.

Hi yes I've had to take my sill off when the rubbish renault jack failed and ended up crushing my sill, you can see all the screws underneath the sill but also has 2-3 hidden 1's under that metal renault strip, just a word of warning, I've priced up a new replacement metal strip and there a rip off like £45 odd per side, I found the metal strip to be stuck down really well and trying to lift it without making ripples in the metal strip really hard but good luck

Cack, bit worried about the metal strip now, I don't really care to much about the sill that's on it now, just want the newer sill on now :worried:

Wonder if Fernandez could make some carbon sill plates :smile:

Treat it like the CLIO badge on the tailgate.

Heat the metal strip up with a hair dryer and run some string under the strip, that's what I would try.

That dint were the old man jacked iit up and crunched a bit of the sill:-(