slight clunk when applying brake

In the caliper, held in place by the two retaining pins. When I got my car one was missing and it would rattle slightly.

Could also be a bush or similar, when was the car last MoT'd?

Quick Q back to you, is it when you reversed and then set off or something like that the other way around? I get a slight clunk but I have always assumed it was the 1mm moment of the pads in the caplipers. When moving forwards the pads will be forced down into the called, backwards will be up, I guessed it was this movement...

I think i know what you mean, do you feel it through the brake pedal? When i apply my brake quite hard when it gets to a lower speed the pedal vibrates a little and 'clunks' slightly as you said. Doesn't really do it in the dry, its normally when its wet or if I go over a bump whilst braking. But i wasn't sure what it was either, i thought it might be related to the ABS or movement in the pads...

Quick Q back to you, is it when you reversed and then set off or something like that the other way around? I get a slight clunk but I have always assumed it was the 1mm moment of the pads in the caplipers. When moving forwards the pads will be forced down into the called, backwards will be up, I guessed it was this movement...

Exactly as I was thinking. My mates r26 which obviously has the same brakes does the very same thing, hasn't been anything to worry about!

Exactly as I was thinking. My mates r26 which obviously has the same brakes does the very same thing, hasn't been anything to worry about!

mine does it as well :smile: