Slight gear box crunch, will it hurt the car to keep using it?

Hi guys i bought a 197 cheap but one of the reasons was that there was a crunch going into 3rd from 2nd at 4k revs+ but the old owner was upfront about it and adjusted the price accordingly, anyway long story short i was planning on getting the gearbox reconditioned with new syncros ect before xmas but as it turns out it appears i have to give some cash to santa first so im wondering will it damage the car at all if i keep using it as is until after xmas? cheers pals

suppose it will not do your car any favour but it should be ok till you get a new gearbox..i would go easy on the revs though...there is a new gearbox for sale on here...

No [MENTION=29138]Chris91[/MENTION] had a look at a 220 and a 275s but at the end of the summer kid if you need a part time mod pm me

[MENTION=53774]OcTwenty[/MENTION] Wouldn't worry about it at all. I just recently had mine done by Jade Developments. Had been driving round for a good 6 months with it crunching including driving hard on track days etc. Just get it done when you can afford to :smile: