Slight knocking over bumps

Not a major problem but whenever I go over a slight bump it feels as if something is loose in the steering wheel, almost if a bolt hasn't been torqued correctly and has come loose. It causes a little bit of play with the wheel. Anyone else had this or know of a fix? Going to strip it tonight and see if anything is loose/ knocking. Looking for some advice on what Might be the cause, cheers!

Mate, I have the exact same problem! It's been to renault and they can't find anything, they blame it on being lowered! It doesn't seem to affect the way the car handles but it's just a major annoyance that I can't work out!

Had this on my old 1.2 years ago. One of the dampers was leaking and the spring had snapped at the base (so not that obvious). In all honesty, I couldn't tell the difference between the fixed suspension and broken suspension unless it was over bumps...

There are LOADS of threads on this, could be anti-rotation links, anti roll bar links, any number of balljoints and even the steering rack.

It's not something that is always easy to resolve to be honest.

There are LOADS of threads on this, could be anti-rotation links, anti roll bar links, any number of balljoints and even the steering rack.

ohh how true!

you need to carefully check all the items as the front suspension/steering on these isnt like most motors

Mate, I have the exact same problem! It's been to renault and they can't find anything, they blame it on being lowered! It doesn't seem to affect the way the car handles but it's just a major annoyance that I can't work out!

Dosen't make any difference to the car just I can't trust it 100% with the knocking! Cheers bud

Appreciate there are other thread but I felt none were specific to this. It doesn't feel like suspension it feels isolated to steering shaft or steering wheel itself