Slovenia's Finest

Exactly. I can't see any messy welding on there and it's what I do for a living. If anything it's over engineered and fabricated for a car exhaust. Really nice

errm which bits....

Quite a bit of it, its a pretty poor finish for hand welded tig.

http://images16.fotki.com/v272/photos/7/899247/9404857/023-vi.jpg

http://images55.fotki.com/v509/photos/7/899247/9404857/022-vi.jpg

http://images116.fotki.com/v108/photos/7/899247/9404857/024-vi.jpg

http://images16.fotki.com/v272/photos/7/899247/9404857/025-vi.jpg

The bracket is a right state.......

Obviously it makes no difference to the performance or operation of the system, I just disagree with the fapping over it. Then again I'm a mechanical engineer by trade so I'm a bit snotty over things like that :tongueout:

All aside though, its a hefty price tag, what kind of an improvement does it make to performance?

That sounds absolutely amazing!

I want one for the 197, not gonna happen like, but I want! :smiley:

Dont see whats so fappy about the sound? Sounds "a bit louder than normal?"

And yes some of those welds are pish lol

Can't see why people can't just be happy for the lad. People have been going on about this system for weeks now and someone finally posts his new purchase on here for our enjoyment and people are being picky about welds for gods sake. I have never seen a car exhaust as over engineered as this in my life. Im sure every one of us who owns a RS would love this on our car.

Done by a robot not a tradesman.

This thread is growing arms and legs. Surely not what a sight like this is about...

Indeed. Like said before. Why not just be happy for the guy. I'd love this system on my 200.

Indeed. Like said before. Why not just be happy for the guy. I'd love this system on my 200.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure its a nice bit of kit, all I commented on was the welds looking a bit scruffy. the carbon tips look awesome + would look even better on one with the anthracite pack :smiley:

Apart from that. What kind of gains does it offer?

Well I like it, I'm not to clued up on 'a good looking weld' but I'm sure it'll be a perfect fit and sound great.

Are you going to have it re-maped to sort out any flat spots the de-cat causes ?

I'd buy one if they done a 197 backbox, I don't want to buy a 200 exhaust and cut the tips.

Trust me. As a pipefitter I can safely say that is nicely fabricated. That y-piece with the bracing welded on is very nice. Like I keep saying well over engineered for a component nobody will ever see. With all respect I do t think yozza or KTR are made to anywhere near this standard.

On another tangent here's my Akra.

25518062.jpg

Last edited:
Well I like it, I'm not to clued up on 'a good looking weld' but I'm sure it'll be a perfect fit and sound great.

Are you going to have it re-maped to sort out any flat spots the de-cat causes ?

I'd buy one if they done a 197 backbox, I don't want to buy a 200 exhaust and cut the tips.

Just buy a 200 diffuser at the same time? :wink:

I know they've a great reputation with bikers. i was asking a mate about them before the prices were released and was shocked that he thought it'd be about 3k ( not knowing it wasn't going to be titanium )

ken182 he has a 'Desmo' with the titanium exhaust. i've never really been into bikes but this thing sounds mean ! :lol:

Ummmmmm, I wish I had one of those! That will sound and look awesome when fitted! I also am not qualified to judge a welding job, but as its under the car where I can't see it I wouldn't really care. It probably also comes with a very good warranty :smile: From what I can see and listen too, that seems great!

With regards to gains I believe there are small power and torque gains, its also lighter than the standard system.

Good job, now hurry up and get a video :wink:

I know they've a great reputation with bikers. i was asking a mate about them before the prices were released and was shocked that he thought it'd be about 3k ( not knowing it wasn't going to be titanium )

ken182 he has a 'Desmo' with the titanium exhaust. i've never really been into bikes but this thing sounds mean ! :lol:

Aye for a full system on a bike it is usually between £800-£1500 depending on how many cans it has and if it's SS or Ti. Going of that the price for the car exhaust is pretty good value.

The reason I like Akra are they're pretty trackday friendly. Arata are a japanese equivalent with better top end but they're too noisy for trackdays now. Akra usually give slightly better mid range than most. They also crash very well which is always a good thing!

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Gallery 0
N General Chat 6