So who was up and watched Quali?

Paul

Platinum Member
I was up at 5 watching the pre-quali stuff, which was good as ever! I had to get out of bed though when I checked in on the site via my phone and saw spam which led to :f1team07: lol!

Glad to see Hamiltion and Button making headway after their poor testing.

Looking forward to the race tomorrow!

Love this on the BBC!

I was up too, was worth it though. Always enjoy Australia race and it looks asthough it'll be another close year!

Yeah looks like it is going to be another good one!

Yeah those two lacking Kers gives another reason not to run it. Dont get me wrong I like the idea but unless the teams are allowed to develop it themselves i.e. improve efficiency and unlimited use per lap so whatever you can recoup, you can use.

Oh to be a Ferrari fan this year... At least they are consistent - they build a good road car (458), have a bad race car etc!

ferrari are scum lol, cheating mother f******s lol, just watched vettels pole lap again, and wow, how committed was he? fooking awsome, and 4thents of a second quicker than last year pole

I was up 5am on the Dot good pre quali stuff to catch up on whats been happening :smile: nice to see a few different names up there. Looking forward to Petrov getting infront of Alonso so he can throw his toys out the cot again :wink:

Is it just me but the gist with the new tyres are that they're worse than last year and that is somehow better?

Yea they're meant to degrade faster. I think the idea is that it adds some more strategy to the race, they're expecting drivers to make 2 or 3 pit stops per race instead of the 1 pit stop they made last season.

Also seems like they don't lay the rubber down on the track so the track doesn't get grippier through the race, in fact it probably gets worse due to all the tyre debris off the racing line.

It just seems odd to have a race series supposedly at the pinnacle of motorsport and choose to make the tyres worse, I bet the little rat man wanted it.

It's no different to making the rear wing narrower to reduce downforce or limiting the weight of the car etc.

It's all meant to make the sport more exciting, nobody would watch it if all the cars were perfect and the person who qualified first won the race

I'd just like to see them given the chance to actually push technology rather than push the rule book.

Yeah I would agree with that Tom its become to governed by eccelstone, dont get of wrong he does well for the sport but I would be happy with the tire and wing changes without KERS.

I got up at 6 for the action, but for me there's only one 5 o'clock in a day.

By the way, if you wake up tomorrow for the pre match entertainment, don't forget to change your clocks. Which means you'll be up at 4 on a Sunday:thumbdown:

Gret start to the season for Renault and Petrov,Mclaren did very well too. So I am happy with the results. Im not gonna say who won or any positions as I know a lot of people wont have seen it yet.

Should be a very good year in F1

Similar Thread Suggestions