Sold 197 for a 200??

Has anyone sold or part ex there car for a 200? Just wondering as I want recaros, cup suspension, few other bits and pieces that a 200 already has, so don't know whether it's worth chopping mine in for a 200?

DO IT! get rid of that unpopular 197 front end haha

and inherit the unanimously appreciated beauty of the 200...

:rofl:

You'd have to be really dim, look at the money you'd loose.
Plus they are the same car, why on earth would you have two of them?

Based on my experience with the reliability so far, my next car will NOT be a Renault.

You'd have to be really dim, look at the money you'd loose.
Plus they are the same car, why on earth would you have two of them?

Based on my experience with the reliability so far, my next car will NOT be a Renault.

why would he be dim. the 200 is a better car, specially with the cup pack. he wants different spec to what hes already got. newr car. you loose money on any car wheather its a 200/audi/bmw etc. and he wouldnt have the two, hence why he said part exhange a 197 for a 200. and i would base the renault brand just on one car. im on my second renault, my family have had renault, theyve all been reliable.

i would say go for it, IF you can justify it Luke.

If you like your 197 but want the bits to make it more special, you can afford it and get the car you want, why not? Sourcing Recaros to fit in a 197 is difficult unless you drop lucky.

Recaros £1000, h&rs plus fitting £200, red brembos £200, 200 diffuser with tail pipe trims £300, already getting close to £2000, how much would be an early cup packed ad recaro'd 200???

tbh I find that 197 has got more things than 200.

Cos I see some parts are missing in 200 & front is ugly lol

Quite like the front end tbh, apart from xenons what else can't a 200 have, that you could of got on the 197?

I sold my 197 CUP, had a different car for a year and then bought a FF 200. Glad I did, the 200 feels and looks better personally.

I sold my 197 CUP, had a different car for a year and then bought a FF 200. Glad I did, the 200 feels and looks better personally.

Agree and did the same. Had 197 cup, sold it and got a Volvo c30 r design, got bored and got a 200 with cup pack with the extra toys. Never looked back

^^197 cup is got cheap stuff on so that why is different to FF lol

Quite like the front end tbh, apart from xenons what else can't a 200 have, that you could of got on the 197?

197 have:
lighter bonnet
black carpet under bonnet
interior light
window light switch
3 rear headrest

200 have:
normal bonnet from normal clio
no black carpet under bonnet
less interior light
no window light switch
2 rear headrest

I'm not stopping you for having one :smiley:

^^197 cup is got cheap stuff on so that why is different to FF lol

I know that, haha. I meant as in the car itself, looks from the outside etc and also the personal side of me having a 197, having a different car and then having a 200.

The clio is good regardless, I wouldn't buy a new one with the new shape coming out soon though.

lol I know what you mean I'm not putting everyone off :hug:

if you love your 200 & that good.

Everythings change :smile:

200 feels better as the things that needed improving in 197, Renault have done, namely tissue paper recaros and gearing.

I would keep you hand in your pocket until the Mk3 comes out and see how it hits second hand values.

Good idea tbh, hell a mk4 might not be all dOom and gloom that people are making it out to be, might even be tempted by a mk4

Good idea tbh, hell a mk4 might not be all dOom and gloom that people are making it out to be, might even be tempted by a mk4

Too right. Clio's generally don't photo that well. See the 197 or 200 in the flesh, they look absolutely awesome. I recon the new car will be the same. I'm 100% sure not many people were queuing up at the Renault dealer when they saw the pics of any standard Clio released.....put the 197/200 next to the standard car...its like they are different cars!!!!!

Second hand silver ones mike and prep them myself

Hmm. that's not quite the same though is it. I recently bought a set of fronts only for £250, then its prep, fit, and bleed (definitely a few hours work).

And then there's the back.

I thought you meant you could get a set of red ones for £200. :thumbup1: