Sold my car and it breaks down..

So today I managed to sell my old 1.4 Clio in anticipation for picking up my 197 this Saturday to a bloke from work. After work I get in the car I drive round to football and everything's fine. After playing football I get in the car and bingo the car doesn't start. AA takes an hour to arrive and turns out it's something to do with the wiring or just the starter motor. It's parked outside the garage now ready for tomorrow - hoping it's just the wiring that needs fixing.

Either way, sods law I sell it and it breaks down 6 hours later.

on the old MK2s the old wiring looms used to rub against the housing of the ECU casing. IIRC it cost me £350-£400 to get fixed as its a days work at Renault :worried:. That said a bit of tape will fix it if you can find the cause but it wont last very long.

Also that assumes it was a MK2 as I've heard of very little problems electrical wise with the MK3!

good luck!

:worried: That doesn't sound to promising! Going to leave for the garage in a sec so I'll find out soon enough! Just got my fingers crossed.

Just got it back from the garage, 105 quid for a new starter motor without VAT. 306 quid in total with labour charges. Apparently took them 3 hours to fit.. Pockets definitely feel lighter :worried: