Some funny stuff..

Last night i forgot the key on the 'I' step of the ignition so the battery dis-charged, again. So after i got it running again i went to have a little ride to re-charge it...( What's better than having to take the 197 out for a spin.. :thumbup: )

About 30 secondes and 500 metres later,i'm following a mini cooper s and heading towards a very slippery twisty road and i'm like :thumbup: let's :zap: him..

Did the usual check:

Engine: Hot enough to give it the beans but still not enough for the limiter to be on its usual place and not 500 rpms lower...don't you hate that??
Mats: Safely placed.
Asr/esp: off
Tyre temperature: Ultra cold..

Before the twisty section of the road there is a long straight so i passed him so that i could stretch the lead from the twisty section and on, to really humiliate him... :-p
Unfortunately, or fortunately as it was later proven, there was a couple of cars i couldn't get passed before the turns so the whole deal was off..BUT..

I managed to get past them after a couple of turns and went on to have fun by myself..(mini didn't follow)...and i found myself in a really strange situation..

The car had so much lift-off oversteer that i could do a 720 in every turn if i wanted to..(exaggerating a bit but you get my point..)..it was ridiculous..

I know that(at least my) 197 behaves that way on cold tyres or wet road but it was 3 times worse this time...or 3 times better if you take under consideration the massive amount of fun you can have by sliding it around..
I could maintain a slide through a slippery '3' turn for about 2-3 seconds with continuous opposite lock... :001_tt1: :001_tt1:

I really can't think what might be possibly causing this, the tire pressures are ok, no heavy stuff in the rear boot(not that it would make that much of a difference),and i have standard springs amd suspension setup so there is no way my springs are wrongly set up too stiff or anything...I didn't have the time to wait for the tyres to warm but i'll take it out again tonight to see what happens...

Opinions?

p.s. sorry for any language mistakes, im doing my best..:thumbup:

My 197 had eibachS On when I brought it and verdistien tyres and it never ever stepped out on the rear sadly lol .

But the 200 I drove recently was crazy caught me right out oversteer like a b I a c h crazy amounts

Now the 197 have coilys so there's no such thing as oversteer !

I went out last weekend about 5mins later got stuck behind a Volvo doing 17mph so I booted round it into the roundabout had a touch of understeer and then massive oversteer, was great fun! I can only blame it on cold tyres as I have never had the back step out before. I can imagine it was a similar situation to yours - good fun but not as good as hammering through bends exactly where you want it IMO!

not hammered mine for ages, just waitting for the perfect race lol

Similar Thread Suggestions