Someone tried to break into the 197

Someone tried to break into the 197 on Tuesday night...b*stards...came out in the morning and the trim surrounding the lock was missing, lock damaged and the handle sticking out. Luckily the handle pushed back in and the remote entry sensor still works. No damage to the rest of the car either thank god. Found the lock trim on the floor a few yards away as well which I was quite pleased about.

Strange one as it's in a gated residential car park that requires a fob for entry and exit, so there's little chance of them being able to nick it... It was parked closest to the gate though and it looks as though they've climbed up a bit of wall near my car as there were footprints in the gravel, so they could have just done mine because it was first. Having said that they've ignored the other 15 cars in the car park and the ones parked in the street...:angry:

There's CCTV on the hospital next door and the Police apparently have a video of the person who they think did it - the only person who walked past the camera in a 5 hour window...I wish they'd show me :chair:

On the whole I think it was the best possible scenario as they couldn't get in the car and do any more damage. Just have to ask why when there is nothing in there overnight to take..

Last edited:
thats bad but in some ways got off with little damage

was reading an article about car crime on the rise and all the police cuts effecting the policing of such.....looks like 2011/12 will be the year of the criminal :bye2:

thats bad but in some ways got off with little damage

was reading an article about car crime on the rise and all the police cuts effecting the policing of such.....looks like 2011/12 will be the year of the criminal :bye2:

Thank the conservatives mate...
Glad damage wasnt too bad mate.

Thank labour for getting the country into this financial mess in the first place

Actually i dont believe they did...All parties are to blame tbh.
Funny how we now have an unlimited contingency fund when we need it though..ala Libya!
But we now have Ken Clarke who seems to believe all criminals should be treated with kid gloves n wrapped in cottonwool. We must have the softest justice system in the world nowadays!
Some of these people really need to be on the receiving end to have a realistic understanding..

Glad the damage wasn't to bad and atleast they didnt get into the car, I heard something on the radio the other day sayin its becoming difficult nowadys for theivs to steal cars unless they actually have the keys.

Hope they catch the b@stards and give them more than just a telling off, attempted GTA and criminal damage !!

Ive heard that if a car is stolen using the keys, insurance wont pay out. Customer of mines car was stolen after thieves done there house. Had to try claim the car under home insurance. Car was later recovered undamaged so all they needed was 2 news keys cut and coded. Were very lucky.

Where they after the car or what was in it if they couldn't get out the gates??
Thieving gits all the same

gutted for you mate.

There have been a few car break ins on our estate over the last few weeks, never known it before

"Millenium" thefts irrc. On the increase due to car companys increasing the security.
You just cant win anymore. Hate these theiving scumbags.

Oh and incase anyone's watching, my keys are always upstairs with me, and my 9 stone american bulldog :smile:

It's awful thing to experience, glad there wasn't more damage caused. Sounds like an opportunistic junkie/chav.:angry:

Where they after the car or what was in it if they couldn't get out the gates??
Thieving gits all the same

Nothing is left in the car overnight at all. I even leave the glove box door open every night to show it's empty and they still tried!