Spacers

Hi Guys,
has anyone fitted spacers to their cars without lowering the ride height? Does this look stupid??
Such

I have them - 17mm.

But also I have lowered my car.

IMHO - they don't look stupid even if you have a stock height car.

I was thinking the same thing

I want eibach 16mm but think they might look a bit silly. I'm considering getting 5mm or 10mm which will give that extra bit of width but will be less noticable to the untrained eye

Still do not know, whether to fit spacers on my car. I am thinking about 16mm H&R, but I don´t want to affect handling in any negative way, because it is suberb like it is. I went throught all the threads about spacers here and still have doubts.

Some say handling is somewhat spoiled after mounting of spacers. Moreover, nobody has told me seriously whether there is any real negative influence on wheel bearings, suspension etc. or wheather this influence is just negligible. So, I am little bit afraid to put spacers on my car. On the other hand, the gap between edges of wheel arches and rims is tooo big and spacers improve appearance a lot.

I do track days with my car, have cup suspension and not going to lower the car. Thanks for any response mates!

Last edited:
I'm the same co-pilot, still not decided.

For what it's worth, I think the problems associated with wheel spacers and wheel bearings are when using universal spacers. If you're using hubcentric spacers you shouldn't have these problems as you don't get the vibration

I fitted 20mm universal spacers with an extended wheel stud conversion which cetrallises the spacers, for a fraction of the cost of h&r stuff. spacers from pcs-uk £39, stud conversion from pure-motorsport, £55, all on ebay, total cost about £100.

I think they are dished outwards slightly but feel sure they are all the same

u dont have to pay a fortune for spacers , i fitted universal 20mm spacers £40 from pcs-uk, and fitted a extended wheel stud kit which centralises the spacers so you dont get wheel balance problems and are used on cup racers for easier ftting of wheels, £55 from pure-motorsport, spacers and stud kit both from ebay for about £100