Spanner and esp light came on...

hi all,

The spanner and the esp light came on when i started my car up and it said check esp and check injection. The car was spluttering abit aswell especially in first and second. I only popped out for 10mins when i got home i turned it off waited a few seconds and started it up and no lights came on at all.

Coming back from work today through the lanes i met a car on a bend where the road was flooded, i slowed down and so did he. The water from his car was going over my roof and visa-versa, got out the other side and my car was spluttering so i guess some water may have gone up my exhausts. No lights came on at the time and my car seemed to be fine the rest of the way home.

Would this of caused the lights to come on and the esp and injection messages to appear? Or is it something else?

no it hasnt, it didnt come on at the time and when i got home it wasnt on. My car was sat on the drive for about 2 hours then i started it up to go out and light was on...

id leave it and see if it comes on again? if it does take it to the dealers, does your brakes/esp/abs work ok?

did that to mine a couple times. i just thought might have something to do with the exhaust and decat, switched the car off and on again and it was fine :s

yer same, mines done that a few times, especially when its very cold frosty morning, just turned it off and on again and the lights go off. its a renault, u need the worrying signs to come up and make u think the cars broken every now and then. keeps u on ur toes. :smiley:

Those message warnings are a waste of bloody time on the 197.

I had a braking fault message with the stop light appear for a week and then on my way to renault it turned itself off. No fault could be found, brakes worked perfectly.