Speed camera detector advice

Can anyone recommend a speed camera detector that detects mobile cameras?

Last edited:
Yeah, it's called a speedometer, most modern cars fitted with em

Cheers you have been really helpful.

TBH what has been recommended are the only things you can rely on.

If you have a detector in range to detect a speed camera, then the camera can also see you - it is already too late...

Well...what happens when you get caught speeding by a laser/radar gun, is you would get pulled over further down the road by a police car thats waiting to be radio'd through by the 'gunman' to tell him that there's a speeder on it's way down and tells him the reg to look out for so he knows who to pull over. If you didnt get pulled over then thats fine! You got away with it! Also, these laser/radar guns dont read/store your numberplate...all they do is just detect the speed your going from other a distance.

If you want to block out the laser guns, get a garage remote control and put it somewhere at the front of your car (behind the grill perhaps). The laser wont be able to return with a speed reading as the garage remote control blocked out the laser reading. Its illegal btw but i would recommend it!

theres plenty of stuff out there just do a search and take your pick at what you want it to do

the trouble with laser jammers is that the officer operating the laser knows its been jammed, you may not get pulled for speeding but if you get pulled and are found to be using a jamming device then you are likely to be prosecuted for perverting the course of justice or obstructing an officer in the course of duty, either way you would be better off being caught speeding as it ain't a criminal offence only a traffic.

the trouble with laser jammers is that the officer operating the laser knows its been jammed, you may not get pulled for speeding but if you get pulled and are found to be using a jamming device then you are likely to be prosecuted for perverting the course of justice or obstructing an officer in the course of duty, either way you would be better off being caught speeding as it ain't a criminal offence only a traffic.

Yeah but still...3points on your licence and a fine...get caught again then its 6 points and so on...then you start noticing them building up! Id rather have 0 points on my licence and having it stay like that! id do anything to keep a clean licence! But if the laser doesn't come back with a reading the officers first thought will probably be...'whats up with the gun...again' lol!

To be fair of you get caught speeding that many times your a complete muppet and deserve to lose your licence.

Cheers you have been really helpful.

Zaid,

a lot of people on here use road angel or the poi 'safety camera' list in the satnav.

I drive in the 30 zone with the limiter on as it is just to easy to go fast, but turn it off as soon as i get on dual carriageways or any national speed limit zone.

No point speeding in built up areas, save it for the track :wink:

Zaid,

a lot of people on here use road angel or the poi 'safety camera' list in the satnav.

I drive in the 30 zone with the limiter on as it is just to easy to go fast, but turn it off as soon as i get on dual carriageways or any national speed limit zone.

No point speeding in built up areas, save it for the track :wink:

Using the limiter is a great idea and something I wouldn't have thought of using.

Thanks.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a perfect driver and I am as guilty as the next man for speeding occasionally. The use of GIS/database equipment to remind you when there is a fixed camera or a mobile location approaching is ok if it is simply to make sure you don't exceed the limit by 1 or 2 mph.....however, I genuinely feel that the use of agressive detector equipment to allow deliberate speeding is arrogant and irresposnible....speed limits are (in the main) there for a safety reason (although I do agree that some are there to attract revenue) and shouldn't be deliberately ignored...if you use a jammer or detector so you can drive too fast through a village or past a school you deserve the full clout of the law i.m.o

if you use a jammer or detector so you can drive too fast through a village or past a school you deserve the full clout of the law i.m.o

I agree with this..but i doubt most people use these types of equipment to go fast past schools, villiages and places like that. Ive seen mobile cameras down country lanes, where these's no danger to pedestrians and the road is a lovely open stretch where speed can quite easily and safely be picked up. You never know where and when your going to bump into a mobile camera, so having it there all the time is the best option. Muppets that go fast past school are just asking for trouble no matter the circumstances and if caught shoud get the right punishment.

But i would use a laser jammer simply because i do like to open up the clio on certian roads but you just dont know when you are going to come up against a mobile camera! Best to be safe than sorry!

Its a myth that cameras are cash generators, when the cost of the camera, it's maintenance and the cost to process a fixed penalty ticket is taken into account it actually costs more than the fine itself.

Its a myth that cameras are cash generators, when the cost of the camera, it's maintenance and the cost to process a fixed penalty ticket is taken into account it actually costs more than the fine itself.

Well if that's the case then there's no point having them really is there

The only point would be casulty reduction on accident blackspots and near schools, just a shame that mobile cameras are put where they catch the most people, I firmly believe its all about statistics, for example when you catch 100 people speeding thats 100 recorded crimes or offences with a 100% prosecution rate, it all goes to help make the force look good and that they provide the level of service that the tax payer expects.

I am all for putting my foot down when conditions allow but as most people say in towns, built up areas and in hazodous situations you abide by the rules and use common sense.

I do however think that average speed cameras should be put outside schools and not on long open streches of motorway.

Similar Thread Suggestions