Sprint Booster review

The car is a LOT more responsive throughout the rev range. Not just for putting foot fully down. Its hard to describe without you trying it out but iv had a remap, upgraded air filter and this and if i could only keep 1, its the booster all the way.

Reactions: papa
I've just looked on the website for these....(http://www.sprint-booster.co.uk/)

+ from what I can gather..... they make it so you don't have to press the throttle down as much.

From the website:

"Sprint Booster modifies the signal between the accelerator pedal module and the electronic throttle body. This modified signal forces the throttle body to open 'more' than the stock signal at a given pedal position. In effect, the idle-to-full-throttle pedal travel is reduced. "

The best bit:

"It doesn't add horsepower, but makes the throttle more sensitive and makes the car 'feel' faster."

I think i'll put this one with the Ecotek valve, electric supercharger etc :s

The problem with forums is often people comment on things they've heard are crap instead of things they've actually tried themselves.....I have and in my very humble opinion, on the right car it works really well. Given the flat spots on the Renny, worth a bunt. I certainly will be and I let you know my feedback.

There is a massive feature about this on the internet somewhere where they dyno tested them etc.

Basically the ecu adjusts the throttle for emissions etc, so when you floor it the throttle will only be 70% open for a short and when the car realises your gunning it then you get 100% throttle.

This unit will give you 100% instantly, I removed mine because it made it too jerky when manouvering and in queuing traffic, testiment in itself that it works!

Mid range throttle response slightly improved, possibly placebo?

Reactions: papa

+ from what I can gather..... they make it so you don't have to press the throttle down as much.

From the website:

"Sprint Booster modifies the signal between the accelerator pedal module and the electronic throttle body. This modified signal forces the throttle body to open 'more' than the stock signal at a given pedal position. In effect, the idle-to-full-throttle pedal travel is reduced. "

The best bit:

"It doesn't add horsepower, but makes the throttle more sensitive and makes the car 'feel' faster."

I think i'll put this one with the Ecotek valve, electric supercharger etc :s

There is a massive feature about this on the internet somewhere where they dyno tested them etc.

Basically the ecu adjusts the throttle for emissions etc, so when you floor it the throttle will only be 70% open for a short and when the car realises your gunning it then you get 100% throttle.

This unit will give you 100% instantly, I removed mine because it made it too jerky when manouvering and in queuing traffic, testiment in itself that it works!

Mid range throttle response slightly improved, possibly placebo?

I agree with the jerky comment. But with the ability to adjust it makes a big difference. Ordering mine on Monday

The problem with forums is often people comment on things they've heard are crap instead of things they've actually tried themselves.....I have and in my very humble opinion, on the right car it works really well. Given the flat spots on the Renny, worth a bunt. I certainly will be and I let you know my feedback.

I'd honestly never heard of them, hence I went on the website. My comment was in no way slagging it off. Just reading what it said on the site.

This unit will give you 100% instantly...

If this is true, IMHO, the rolling start should be quicker then, and the acceleration too.

Not much of an improvement, but it should shave off some tenths of seconds in the rolling start - given in mind your statement that the ECU gives only 70% of throttle at first when I put my pedal to the floor.

After all, this could really be a cool mod. The thing is...it's not so cheap. :smiley:

From the website:

The best bit:

interesting thanks for that

bit like different throttle set ups for f1 drivers - some like a "long" pedal travel and others a "short" one

be a bit like the old twin inlet throttle butterflies - where 1 opens and the second doesnt until 3/4 throttle

Last edited:
the reason for the high price is liability insurance, so if you had an accident and its down to the booster, the company pay for cost/car.

causing throttle to stick open, not work and lack of power. I dont know. I was told that when i purchased one for my 172.