Fitted Sprintbooster - Car stuck in limp mode

shauncr91

Paid Member
Hi all,

Just fitted a Sprintbooster Gen 2 to my Clio 200 and it's caused the car to display 'Ignition Fault' on the dash and go into limp mode, it's also idling around 2000rpm.

Removed the sprintbooster and the car is still doing the same thing, tried disconnecting the battery and it's still doing it!

Help?!

I read something where someone had some issues with these on a BMW. It might be helpful. Hold on...

Ok so left the battery disconnected for 30mins with the SB removed and it cleared the fault, attached the SB again and it's throwing up the fault. Trying the SB connected now with the battery disconnected for another 30mins to see if the ECU accepts it..

They all look clean and true...what would be the best way to clean them up just to make sure they are 100%?

i used pressurized air in a tin if you have something like that lying around..maybe an ear cleaning bud soaked in not too strong alcohol may help...

Cleaned the pins and tried connecting it without the plastic case just so I could confirm the pins were definitely inserted correctly and they are...can anyone confirm if the SB is exactly the same between the Clio 197 and 200?

If so then it looks like my SB is a dud...

Last edited:
it may be faulty then but i think there is no diff between a 197 and a 200 SB..can you test it on someone else's car??
there have been cases of a faulty item in the past from what i can remember..

it may be faulty then but i think there is no diff between a 197 and a 200 SB..can you test it on someone else's car??
there have been cases of a faulty item in the past from what i can remember..

I don't really know anyone else with a mk3 :worried:

ffs..

Mind kept doing this,wiggle the pins slightly even if they look straight. Make sure you read the instructions too you have to wait 5 mins for the Ecu to stop the signal between itself and the pedal from what I remember.

Mind kept doing this,wiggle the pins slightly even if they look straight. Make sure you read the instructions too you have to wait 5 mins for the Ecu to stop the signal between itself and the pedal from what I remember.

I didn't get any instructions with mine as I bought it from the classifieds, do you still have your instructions?

Mine did the same thing a couple of times after about 12 months of trouble-free use.
When it threw the code it blew a fuse at the same time which needed to be replaced.
From memory it was a red 10/15 amp fuse located in the lower fuse box on the p/side inner guard. Note it is the secondary box underneath the main one.
I repaired the fault in my s/booster by re-attaching the loose circuit board & filling the unit with resin which solved the issue for good.
Given that yours is new it seems unlikely to be a faulty unit I would have thought.
Are you sure you've attached it to the pedal correctly.

Last edited: