Sprint spoiler problems

I orderd a sprint spoiler from ktec racing a couple of weeks ago and had it sprayed ready to be fitted. Left the car today to get it put on but got a call from the body shop to say that it is to bent to go on.
It was dipped in the middle of the spoiler.
As expected quiet annoyed now as ive spent money getting it sprayed up.
Has any one else had any problems with this spoiler?

Nope. I fitted mine last week and it was perfect. That's got to have one hell of a curve in it to be too bent to fit?

sh!t thats well out of shape mate,sorry to say this but i doubt if that can be put right,might be worth PM'ing spray shack with the pic to see what they think

They have ovened that way way way too hot, utter noobs!, you bake them at low temps then air dry for a day or 2 before posting. Flip it over on the stand, reoven it , keeping a close eye on the shape and it *might* bend back, it also *might* crack the paint.

Its there problem and they should sort it, or replace it

Last edited:
They have ovened that way way way too hot, utter noobs!, you bake them at low temps then air dry for a day or 2 before posting. Flip it over on the stand, reoven it , keeping a close eye on the shape and it *might* bend back, it also *might* crack the paint.

This, though from the first post it sounds like they have already tried to pass the buck though in all honestly if it was never trial fitted then we'll never know what it was like out of the box. The body shop I used was actually impressed with the quality of the spoiler considering it wasn't a genuine Renault part. Only cost me £80 to get it sprayed (with a perfect colour match and top quality finish) and fitted too.

Last edited:

Evening All-

I thought id quote this post -

I helped James out with this spoiler as the bodyshop sprayed James car J37 front & rear bumpers with a PERFECT match-
I have used this bodyshop for 15 years with no issues-

Whether there is a method of doing these poorly prepared patent parts maybe in spray shacks gift- however if you have an apporoved bodyshop that sprays day in & day out presented with a part that has no instruction around what not to do in terms of what times / temp not to use on this product then there is no comeback to say that a traditional method of prepping & painting a part is not applicable-

There may well be a specific way to do these plastic parts from the off & whether the bodyshop has done or not done that is not my place to judge, however I maintain that if something has NO comments or no instruction around 'best' method then there cannot be a come back when a method of painting is used on something when its a tried & test method of spraying an item.

My bodyshop personally hate spraying any form of kit from any patent part supplier their words ( after I presented my Wolf kit for my ST years ago were they are SH*T)- poorly prepared & generally a pain in the arse for painting.

I dont see how anyone cold hold a bodyshop accountable ( EST 36 years ) & one I have spend probably circa 20k with for spraying a part in a method that is suddenly construed as being wrong ---

I appreciate my knowledge of the operation is limited - however some of the comments make no sense- however I trust the opinion of SS-

The problem is & one that cannot be discovered is that what was the spoiler like in the box-
James didnt examine it - neither did I - so noone can catagorically say it was right on delivery.

I got this sprayed to help james use a bodyshop, no charge was taken for the cost, no charge was taken for the X4 10 mile round trips to help a customer-

How frustrating & again goes to show why even with the best will in the world unless you think of everything in advance it sometimes catches you out-
& that patent plastic moulded parts are generally rubbish.

Last edited:
What im going to do is *IF* James doesnt get a refund I will offer half the cost of spraying which was £150 total. as goodwill out of my pocket.(£75)

I hate seeing people messed about- especially when I take hours trying to ensure that people are happy when they buy a car.

Another mental note though- never agree to spray parts off a car-

I asked my neighbour tonight who was a bodyshop expert for a long time what his opinion was & the response was one of hate for these moulded parts- & the critical thing is to get these onto the car asap ( whether that be bumper etc) so they dont go out of shape-
Whether this is waffle or not-

but he also said carefully warming this spoiler back up & having a slight forcing applied should get this back to what it should looki like- with the risk or cracking the paint-

I am happy for James to use Sprayshack services on my £75( as I have before purchasing vouchers for CSS) to get this done if they can-

Steve

Last edited:
That is very genuous steve. I have emailed the bodyshop with regards to what i asked earlyer with a picture to go with it and we will see what happens tomorrow