Squealing when turning steering wheel

Hello first post on here so if it's something obvious please forgive me, I hope it is though

My 197 makes a horrible squealing/squeak when turning the steering wheel at slow speeds....
Car has just passed it's mot too
I can relate the noise to a door that needs oiling..
Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Are you sure it's from the wheel itself and not the tyres?

Mine makes a right screech in covered or underground carparks at low speed.

Thanks for the reply Willis

I don't think it's the tyres, I know what you mean at low speeds in car parks which is from the wheels
But this sounds like it's within or just behind the steering wheel, its very noticeable from inside and out of the car

Welcome to the forum by the way!!! :smile:

Hmmm, not sure what that could be to be honest and not heard anybody ask about it before... Does the steering itself feel ok though?

Cheers! Love the fact this forum exists lol

That's what I thought when I searched it, doesn't seem to be anything on it!

Yeh feels brill. Just comes with a hideous noise lol!
May give a Renault dealer a call otherwise see what the garage says, shall post the results

That sounds just like what I have. My freind who used To work at kwik fit thought it was just a rubber part on a nut rubbing and nothing to worry about. Said it would just need a bit of grease..
Fano45 any update on yours?

Mine's just started doing this past couple of days :001_unsure:

Not good this time of year! I'm already forking out for a full belt change in January and a service as well.

I know the pivot/ball joints have a bit of play in them so I'm keeping my fingers crossed it's just them as I need to save to get those changed asap.