Stealth exhaust

What's your choice for a quiet, aftermarket exhaust?

Power gains more than welcome while main target is replacing the blowing exhaust with a more meaty sounding but not significantly noisier one.

Not exactly sure where it's blowing from just yet, sounds more like mid-silencer. Recently installed Toyosport manifold has also introduced a bit of unpleasant resonance but would rather keep it and fix the rest first.

I don't want to spend too much, would prefer 2nd hand and wouldn't even mind getting a clean, stock one. I've read Scorpion can be found cheap and is rather quiet?

What's your choice for a quiet, aftermarket exhaust?

Power gains more than welcome while main target is replacing the blowing exhaust with a more meaty sounding but not significantly noisier one.

Not exactly sure where it's blowing from just yet, sounds more like mid-silencer. Recently installed Toyosport manifold has also introduced a bit of unpleasant resonance but would rather keep it and fix the rest first.

I don't want to spend too much, would prefer 2nd hand and wouldn't even mind getting a clean, stock one. I've read Scorpion can be found cheap and is rather quiet?

If you're not wanting to spend too much then a Scorpion or Milltek Resonated system would be the way to go, they have good reviews as to not being too OTT but at the same time giving a great noise when giving it some.

There is a resonated Milltek in the for sale section at the moment at a decent price or keep an eye out on eBay.

Reactions: wattson
From what you're wanting, you will really only get that from the Akrapovic, but with a Toyo manifold, you're stuck as you'll have no cat at all. You could always buy the slip on Akrapovic but that's still a hell of a lot of money, but will retain the main cat.
I had a Scorpion resonated system and it certainly wasn't quiet!

Reactions: wattson
If you buy akrapovic evo full system, you have precats in exhaust manifold. No problems to pass mot.
Akra is not loud when driving 100kmh. It sings when you floor it.

Thanks for the advice guys. I wouldn't like to spend Akro money on a n/a car.

Miltek cat back sounds good, wonder how it will sound with the Toyosport manifold. Wish I had bought the stock manifold instead of Toyo!

We will see where it's blowing from tomorrow. If its definitely the exhaust and not recently installed manifold, then I'll probably buy that Miltek. Hopefully Toyo + stock cat + miltek catback wont sound too loud!

That sounds like the best possible option, and the only really, considering the circumstances. I think it will still be relatively loud but probably worth it for a bit of fun :smile:

An aftermarket exhaust will always be louder than OEM, however the OEM is pretty subtle to begin with! I have a Scorpion resonated, and although it is louder, it's not anti-social by any means and sounds very nice when you want it to be.

Well the OEM exhaust at it's current state is pretty loud when hot and is just too loud (unpleasant) and boomy particularly when lifting off above 5.5K so a Miltek might even work quieter! :smile:

I have just fitted the Milltek to my Toyo manifold, nice deep rumble on start up but also fine on the motorway..
Awesome news, thanks for the feedback man! Are you using stock engine (upper/lower) mounts or Powerflex?

Could you try and record a sound / video if you find the chance? Does it get a lot more noisy once exhaust system is pretty hot? I do fair bit of long distance driving for work and I'm finding it very difficult to drive this thing easy/slow :smile:

Cheers