steering lock not on and cant start the engine!! help please!!!

hi guys, you all will be life savers if you can help me out on this one! I couldnt start my engine yesterday! I got in my 197 pushed the start stop, all i could hear was three clicks coming from steering wheel, the steering lock isnt on at the moment so i can turn my wheel left and right whilst wiggling the wheel left or right i push the start button but still nothing other than the three clicks from behind steering wheel! Iv disconnected the battery for a while and nothing!! please help!!!? thanks guys!!

these are the sytoms of a starter motor? i thought the steering lock mechanism may be faulty? thanks for advice so far :smile: its only done 17,000 on a 2008 plate :worried:

if the starter packs up the steering lock doesnt work as the electronics get confused :001_rolleyes:

need someone to check it out but sounds like it...

Give the steering wheel a gud yank while prrssing the start button

Sounds like the starter motor did it just make a mmmmmm sound?

cheers guys, i will give your ideas a go, how much is a starter motor if it is that? the noise is 3 individual clicks, (click,click,click) then a message comes up saying turn steering wheel+start. I do that and still nothing. thanks again guys :smile:

Lock the steering then try it again, if it doesnt do then try giving the wheel a tug. I think ive had this on mine when you dont put the lock on and it gets confused.