Steering wheel swap / retrim

LiamRS197

Paid Member
Hey guys, just looking for any advice or confidence before attempting to swap my steering wheel. The plan is to remove the existing steering wheel send it off for a retrim whilst fitting a temporary steering wheel (non sport wheel). Now I've read a very detailed guide here and I'm sure that will be fine however... I don't really see the appeal of messing with airbags, it may be fine but I don't want it to escalate into a scene out of hurt locker if you catch my drift!
So any words of wisdom and advice would be appreciated, many thanks.​

I got the steering wheel from a Clio Gt. it's the exact same fake leather just without the red stripe it cost me £80 but in perfect unused condition would be worth getting one as the donor wheel to retrim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've managed to pick up a cheap donor wheel, which I hope to fit soon! However it's really the whole airbag thing that's putting me off, I was just wondering how many people have changed their steering wheel without any problems, or any added advice that could be given would be appreciated :smile:

I've managed to pick up a cheap donor wheel, which I hope to fit soon! However it's really the whole airbag thing that's putting me off, I was just wondering how many people have changed their steering wheel without any problems, or any added advice that could be given would be appreciated :smile:

Its easy to do [MENTION=51371]LiamRS197[/MENTION], just follow the guide (make sure to disconnect the battery) and you wont have any issues.

Thanks [MENTION=5499]Jmax[/MENTION] that's good to hear, I'll get round to it soon and send my current wheel off for a retrim

Where about are you going? I have been looking at this cause my wheel is now peeling everywhere ha ha

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Just made an attempt at removing the steering wheel to no avail :worried: I made a hole underneath the steering wheel as described in the guide and tried to locate the spring holding the airbag into place. I managed to get the airbag halfway out away from the wheel, but even though in the end I was getting frustrated and swinging off the airbag it still wouldn't remove ...... long story short think I'll be taking it to a garage :worried:

I've had mine retrimmed by K-tec. Looks and feels great

attachment.php

Attachments

• 13521944_1082504901772275_7619857095980655385_n.jpg
    13521944_1082504901772275_7619857095980655385_n.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 110