Steves Megane conversion build - She's finally running (VIDEO inside)

Have you guys lost your minds! GT lights are awful, look like something the Japs would have designed.

Assuming you are talking about these?
Clio_III_2009_GT.jpg

Have you guys lost your minds! GT lights are awful, look like something the Japs would have designed.

Assuming you are talking about these?
Clio_III_2009_GT.jpg
Agreed! Although to be fair, the standard ones aren't that good looking either which is a shame. The Clio really does need to look more aggressive at the rear.

Yep, we worked out a list of codes....

Could you share it with me mate? My car runs fine now but still have a df060 mux communication error, other than that no fault codes whatsoever and runs fine

might be the wrong ecu afterall

So if your planning on doing this conversion can you use any megane ecu or just late 225 and all r26 can you not do it with early 225 what year is classed as a late 225??
Trying to gather the info I need

If the ecu works despite error codes, it's ok and the codes may relate to some other error. Ecu' that def work are late Meg 225's, must be certain 07 and all 08 ecu's. R26 obviously work cause they were only made on 07/08. It's funny cause anyone wondered why these conversions were not done 9 years ago then? At that point no one figured out how to get around the coding. The only way previously was to buy a virgin ecu from Renault for £500+if they'd sell you one. At one point they were only selling them to Ktec. What most don't realise is without SteC who worked out how to use late ecu's, these conversions may never have happened in this way!!!

UPDATE:

Another weekend of long days on the clio. First was I finished my subframe, it was given 3 coats of hammerite smooth black, turned out pretty good considering it was brushed on. On saturday I assembled all the subframe, wishbones, ARB and new steering rack. It looked better than when it came out the factory. Today I bolted the subframe in position and connected the U joint to the steering rack, this was a right pain in the arse job getting everything lined up while curled up by the pedals, must have been at it for at least an hour. Once that was sorted the subframe bolts could be torqued up and the wishbones could be properly torqued on the to spec. I have to say I am really chuffed with how it turned out and the steering rack knocking issues are now sorted :smiley:

Later on today I stripped down the hubs and struts ready for reassembling and painting, this is where the problems started. First off Renault seem to be obsessed with torx bolts, there great when they are new but after 8 years of grime and corrosion half of them just stripped as soon as I turned them, so had to be drilled out. The second bit of bad news that there is play in the swivel joints and upper ball joint so Ill have to replace them to save a job later down the line, @raptor I may need you for this :wink:

BE61C6F3-0D44-46A7-BE5E-BFC36FEAB7E9_zps7siw4qhu.jpg

9194941C-520A-48C4-B19D-E7D2F9267DF8_zpscecf75ub.jpg

F9EBD29A-1D40-43F2-84BA-D70B3CBB3423_zpsq7ehidqx.jpg

57B5624A-4BF2-4E8B-BF50-91DDA274C046_zpshe1qs7li.jpg

E823B590-CE6A-4B83-B7BF-1172A70DE630_zpsithqigcj.jpg

EBEAD7FA-136C-43BC-9F5F-EE25C7C39E78_zpsrqv5cjrg.jpg

7565FA74-FAAB-4A19-9679-1E879D094516_zpsp5wgebhy.jpg

Next week Ill start getting the hub swivels stripped and Ill finally get the engine ready for mounting in the engine bay.

Very nice dude! Top work as ever! [MENTION=58]Raptor6767[/MENTION] corrected the tag for you mate :wink:!