Stone Chips

Driving through a 30 a few days back and a person coming the opposite direction over took a cyclist and I heard quite a big dink. Thought nothing of it until the next day I was cleaning my car and I have a big chip on my wheel arch. No dent luckily. What's the best way to get rid of there chips? Get in a professional or just get a touch up for it?

The Renault touch up pens are pretty good and have a buffing pad on the end to smooth it down

My car had a few stone chips on the bonnet and inside the rear arch when I got it and 2 scrapes where some knob had lifted the wiper arms to either change blades or clean the car and hit the bonnet with them.

Touched in with the proper pen and can't notice them at all. I remember my UR being easy to touch up too with the Renault pen.

You put the paint on thick, leave 20min then wet the buffer pad and rub it over the chip and it smooths the paint down. Works really well.

Obviously it depends how big your chip/scratch is of course.

Cheers mate, I'll go get one sometime this weekend. Its only half a centimetre in length but is blindingly obvious.

Just hope they still do your colour as I no they don't do a Liquid Yellow touch up paint anymore

Luckily I have and ultra red car. May save doing it just before the show at castle coombe so I can get all the chips.

Similar Thread Suggestions