Stuck Brake Pad

I decided to do a clean up of my breaks so i jacked the car up removed the pins (had to grind them out,purchased new ones today) and went to remove the pads and the outside pad came out with a little fight but the inside one just wouldnt budge?! after loosing it a little with the hammer it came out a little and thats when i noticed there was a really deep groove across the top of the pad like it had been sitting on the edge of the disc?

I had the discs and pads done all round last october so dont undertand?

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated,cheers

Have you any photos of the damaged pad? It sounds very strange, if I'm reading it right, that the top of the Pad has been damaged by the edge of the Disc? As if to suggest the Pad has been in the Caliper at an angle and somehow overlapping the top/edge of the Disc? I'm a bit tired but without a photo I'm finding it hard to understand what/where the Pad is damaged...

Would of thought it impossible to fit the pads the overlap the edge of the disk, with the pins fitted and the correct pads it shouldnt be possible.

Perhaps it's been caused by debris, are you sure you didnt cause it in hammering it in conjunction with the disc being lipped?

Would of thought it impossible to fit the pads the overlap the edge of the disk, with the pins fitted and the correct pads it shouldnt be possible.

That's exactly what I mean, I can't get my head around where the damage is as there's only really one way for the Pad to go in!!! :smiley:

sorry lads i didnt take a picture but there was a curved groove right down the edge of the pad at the top of the pad,its hard to explain without a picture lol. Only thing possible could be debry I suppose.

sounds like the brakes were done by monkeys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

only done a year - if done right the pads should just pull out :oops:

Sounds like the discs have a lip on them and the pads have worn onto the lip.

I'd suggest loosening the calliper bolts (12mm allen key socket on a wrench) and they should just pull out

Missed the bit about new discs and assumed new pads on old discs! In that case, doubt the discs are lipped unless they were very cheap pattern parts

Sounds like wrong size disc? How else would the pad have a groove on it? The pad either fits or it doesn't....