Sunstrips????

Fernandez

Gold Member
Does anyone know if there is some kind of legal limit for the size of a sunstrip...

Reason I ask is that a very kind man at Renaultspot has given me an Airasia Clio Cup sunstrip but its 9 and a half inches wide so will fill up quite a bit of the windscreen.

Cheers

I don't not what, if any limit there is but dont be scared of a big sticker.

Attachments

• 2010meet11.jpg
    2010meet11.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 121
I was told if ya wipers touch it then its illegal...don't know how true that is. But if ya put shorter wipers on ya can solve that :tongueout:

I was told if ya wipers touch it then its illegal...don't know how true that is. But if ya put shorter wipers on ya can solve that :tongueout:

About wipers is true and its discression anything anyone thinks impares the drivers vision of the road so any external is a wee risk

If the wipers touch it then it will fail MOT but chances are police won't stop you.

If the wipers touch it then it will fail MOT but chances are police won't stop you.

Luckily one out my mates is an mot inspector who's eyes can play tricks on him..., got just over a year to go before she needs a ticket anyway.

I had one on my Corsa for two and a half years. The wipers
overlapped it but I never had any "law" issues.

Thats good to hear mate.

Get this one:

photo0035ro5.jpg

:wink:

..I had one on my 197 simlar depth to Ashton...got pulled by the police because of it, who checked the windscreen wiper 'rule' and let me on my way...It wasn't interfering with the wiper blades so I think that is the max depth..

..I had one on my 197 simlar depth to Ashton...got pulled by the police because of it, who checked the windscreen wiper 'rule' and let me on my way...It wasn't interfering with the wiper blades so I think that is the max depth..

Shorter blades it is then...lol

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Rogue Interior and Audio 7