Surprising Recaro Result!

Went down to my local servicing department today just with a couple of minor warranty issues...thought I'd get them in before it runs out on the 11th December.

While I was there thought I'd take a punt at trying to get the worn Recaro looked at...the servicing manager said he would have to ring Renault HQ and ask them if I could have it done.

Just had a call now saying the Recaro seat cover is covered under the warranty and they will replace it when everything else is done next week.

I've seen a fair few posts saying they've had trouble getting this done, but if its covered under the warranty...why is it an issue?

Just like new, except the new fabric is slightly different to the old one. I wouldn't have noticed but someone posted some photos up on here pointing out the differences.

No issues since, I had it replaced middle of March this year

glad to hear a good result.. depends on how picky you are as to whether you think the new fabric is not that noticable.

I didn't want it in my car to be honest - would've looked like a cut n shut imo.

better than holy seats tho i guess.

Had the problem in mine too but it was fixed under warranty with no hassle when I raised the issue. I have noticed the different feel to the fabric, it is a lot less rough but feels thinner if that makes sense. Its not been a problem since and is still showing no signs of wear over a year later, which I would say is a great result. I does adi the question why they didn't use that material in the first place!

Probably because they thought the seats would start wearing after 3 years and would make them a fortune!

I had mine replaced but only after going to another dealer about it. The first dealer, Hylton Cheltenham wouldn't replace the covers saying it was due to wear from my jeans buttons!! The car had only done about 12k miles so I was fuming and will never go there again. So went to Bristol street in gloucester and had it sorted with them after waiting 4 weeks for an answer.

my car has 33000 miles and has slight wear on the right drivers bolster. i may look at getting it repared at some point if it gets alot worse but for the moment i am not to fussed about it.

if my car had a warranty though i would be getting stuck into the dealers for a replacement