Swapping heat shield between diffusers?

The diffuser on my 197 has been melted by my aftermarket tips. So i've got a replacement i'm gona put on and bin the tips.

But how is the heatshield held to the diffuser? As I need to remove it from mine and install it to the new one. A quick look underneath looks like some sort of rivets?

Hoping to get it done this weekend if weather permits, so wana go out and buy some pop rivets if their needed.

Cheers

Have you considered binning the standard heatshield and using something else instead?

When I got my carbon fibre diffuser it had the standard heatshield on it which rather defeated the purpose of a light, carbon fibre diffuser, so stripped it off and got some flexible ceramic heat shield from Zircotec and applied it instead. Saved a reasonable amount of weight.

Picture below was prior to cutting out the holes in the material on the right hand side of the picture.

photo.jpg

It is held on by rivets so you'd have to drill them through to remove it and pop rivet back on

Cheers, though thats what it looked like.

Have you considered binning the standard heatshield and using something else instead?

When I got my carbon fibre diffuser it had the standard heatshield on it which rather defeated the purpose of a light, carbon fibre diffuser, so stripped it off and got some flexible ceramic heat shield from Zircotec and applied it instead. Saved a reasonable amount of weight.

Picture below was prior to cutting out the holes in the material on the right hand side of the picture.

View attachment 9692

Not really thought of this, never seen what the standard head shields like to be honest.

Is this stuff pricey? I'll look into it now

Was it that Zircoflex stuff you used James? Blimey - £50 for a 550 x 450mm sheet! I only paid £45 for the replacement diffuser.

Probably worthwhile when you've spent over £500 on a carbon diffuser, but for my purpose I think i'll stick to the standard one

Similar Thread Suggestions