Test driving a 250 tonight...!

Just saw your car on ebay ben. Looks like you are poking around for interest!

Also I think I have found the meg that you looked at :tongueout: wouldnt be at a certain Toomey's would it?

Lol yeah Toomey Basildon, it's a cracking example and I'm warming to the white too.

Cars up for sale but I've sold heavily modified cars before it can be a long and painful experience :worried: Think I may have priced it a bit high but what's under the bonnet alone is worth 10k! :worried:

Good luck with the sale Ben, it's a whole lot of car that.

I don't think the price is too unrealistic, Mark sold his Clio 225 for around the same money (although this was a year ago).

Lol yeah Toomey Basildon, it's a cracking example and I'm warming to the white too.

Cars up for sale but I've sold heavily modified cars before it can be a long and painful experience :worried: Think I may have priced it a bit high but what's under the bonnet alone is worth 10k! :worried:

Hold onto it if you can, don't let it go for for silly money!

Good luck with the sale Ben, it's a whole lot of car that.

I don't think the price is too unrealistic, Mark sold his Clio 225 for around the same money (although this was a year ago).

Ben you need to hope it sells before Willis here gets ITBs on his car so you won't have to change your advert to say 'one of only two ITB'd Clios in the country' :smiley:

Ben, just some constructive criticism perhaps, you need some better pics of your car on your listing.

4 of those pics are of the same shot of the car basically. You need more on the engine and interior.
Just a thought.

Ben, just some constructive criticism perhaps, you need some better pics of your car on your listing.

4 of those pics are of the same shot of the car basically. You need more on the engine and interior.
Just a thought.

Point well taken, I'll get it out this weekend and take some decent ones.

Reminded me of what a great car that is. Proper track toy and should sell. Did take a sharp intake of breath when I saw 30k in the car. Must admit though, if I had 30k in it, I wouldn't be selling it, not for a meg 250. No way!!!! That is the best car on here by a country mile. Get a diesel golf for the day to day daily grind and keep that Clio. Once the novelty of the 250 wears off, You'll regret it if you sell it.

Last edited:
Gotta agree with litchy, this car is the ultimate na spec. Personally, I'd have it over a meg engined clio. And to you, it must be worth more than sum of its parts with all the time and effort you've poured in.
Get a diesel daily and keep the 197 for adrenaline hits. Whoever buys it (if you still sell it) will get a bargain! If it was listed on ph and I won their competition of £10000 I know exactly which car I'd buy!

Sometimes you just need a change though...there gets a point in any project when you can't do any more to it or you're only doing stuff to it because you're bored or whatever...

Sometimes you just need a change though...there gets a point in any project when you can't do any more to it or you're only doing stuff to it because you're bored or whatever...

Lol its not because im bored of it, this thing around track feels like a cup racer on steroids, but i need something that can do more of everything. The Megane will be my daily and a track weapon/ring taxi.

Looking at more sensible cars that can do day to day practicality with extreme track capabilities ( a definition of hot hatch ) i cant think of a better choice than the 250.

You are right the Megane is obviously the best choice and yes it will be a shame to sell the clio but I'm sure with what you have done to that car you will surely turn the Meg in to a BEAST!

Lol its not because im bored of it, this thing around track feels like a cup racer on steroids, but i need something that can do more of everything. The Megane will be my daily and a track weapon/ring taxi.

Looking at more sensible cars that can do day to day practicality with extreme track capabilities ( a definition of hot hatch ) i cant think of a better choice than the 250.

You're probably right and I agree but you're not getting rid of a regular 197. When sellling anything, I work on an ethos of can I replace it? You couldn't build that car again for 10k. You couldnt replace it for 10k. Buy a 250, and trust me, within no time, you have put 5k in it. The mods your thinking about doing are £1500 to start with.....and Ben we all know you won't stop there!!!!

I thought long and hard about selling mine....if I do, it will be replaced with something I really want and I'll drive a diesel until then. Would love a M3 CSL for example.

I see why your moving on to a 250 and it seems like the best option for what your after but have to agree slightly with litchy, the clio's a difficult car to replace anyway let-a-lone one like yours!

But if anyone would buy my clio I'd be very greatful as I then wouldn't hesitate to buy yours!

I'll give you a Kidney for it Ben? One careful owner, still pink and squishy!!! :smiley:

What an absolute bargain that is...And open to offers? Ben, If I was in the market for a car I would offer you more mate!

There should have been laws against selling these cars, preventing owners of acting so thoughtlessly!!!!!!!!

On a serious note, if you were selling because you had to then I would have understood, but selling this Clio to get a megane? I just can't see why:worried:

Lucky new owner, this is what I say...