the clash between

You didn't hang about then lol!

Looks good actually mate! Did you have to take much metal off, the indents seem quite deep on the normal ones? They still manage to look different to the Meg wheels too which is good IMO!

yeah, alot had to be ground off.lol, the slots are probs 2 - 2.5mm deep. the slots are actually good gauges to know when to take the pressure of the grinder... quick file up and rub down and rekon a nice thick layer of paint and theyll be reet :smile:

Last edited:
look great mate! nice work!

Will there be any effect on the balance at all? i.e. there is prob's a few grams difference between the weight of each spoke now.

No idea on these things... just a guess?

look great mate! nice work!

Will there be any effect on the balance at all? i.e. there is prob's a few grams difference between the weight of each spoke now.

No idea on these things... just a guess?

already taken into account, guna put them on the balancer, and remove the weight from the oppsoite side, but yes i would imagine each spoke is a few grams +/- but it may be all + on one side and all - on the other, will ahve to see

Looks great, always liked the wheels, but the worst part is the grooves.

Surely would have been easier to sand/shot blast and fill with a metal filler?

They do look good though, look forward to the final items

Have you done them all mate? Did you try filler at all?
I would love to have a go after I see how yours come out, need to find a ruined cheap set now

Anymore on this? I'm going to get a quote from someone tomorrow, wanna see how yours come out...THEY LOOK AWESOME!

they at a amtes getting painted, he blocked them down a lil and primered/blocked twice, aparantly looking lush and ready for paint...... ( as its a mates i.o.u its takign alil time) but im hoping for next wekeend i shud have sum pics of them fully painted :smile:

now thats a suprise, even for me, he had some cnady cleacotes and various other colours, so, even i dont know haha

I would be happy hacking away at most bits of car, but taking metal out of a wheel is not one of them. Do you know if it has weakened the wheel at all and if so, by how much? Will it fail at 130mph when you hit a bump?

I wouldn't risk it.. but then, I tend to play safe!

Rich

Kinda with you on that one Richy, also there are now some sharper edges which act as stress concentration to make the 'issue' even worse.

They're probably fine as there's still loads of metal left but there's definitely some risk

Kinda with you on that one Richy, also there are now some sharper edges which act as stress concentration to make the 'issue' even worse.

They're probably fine as there's still loads of metal left but there's definitely some risk

i dont relay see it as an issue seeming as standard o.e alloys are made out of teh pourest quality cast aluminium