200: The infamous 'RS itch'...

daz

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I said it wouldn't happen! ;/

But, after a long three months without my beloved 200, I am suffering from a definite itch this weekend...why you may ask...?
Well, I saw a 200 in my home town a couple of days ago and had forgotten just how good they looked...

I probably wont buy anything until the New Year now as it's a little close to Christmas, but in my mind I have two or three options...

200 Silverstone, if there's any left...?
200 Raider, although I'm yet to be sold on that £22k price tag!
R26 F1, love these in white, but they still seem to be demanding a premium with good examples circa £11k, which IMO is alot for a 3~ year old Meggy...hmmm...!

Thoughts, opinions and general chatter always welcome :smiley:

2014 for the nxt Clio
Have a raider not seen any yet

The new Clio is no longer on my list Roy due to it being 5 door. That was my original plan, but now doesn't interest me in the slightest.

I might be back Giles, who knows... :wink:

Will be good though as I feel to have fallen out of the NW loop a little recently.

Aparently theres some good deals to be had on the Silverstone editions, see if your dealer can sort something out. Failing that give the new Raider a try, the matt paint looks awesome :smile:

I honestly think it won't be a 5 door Daz but I wouldn't be supprised

It's official Roy, the Clio Mk4 will only be available in 5 door, including the RS model. This is to tie in for 'chassis sharing' with Nissan... :thumbdown:

Going to speak to my dealer tomorrow regarding the Silverstone. Seen an offer of £0 deposit and £299 P/M for 44 months...

As daz said, its official. The Clio will be 5 door, the Civic will be 5 door, the Focus will be 5 door.

Its the trend they are all following, just like the trend to kill all N/A engines and for them all to be replaced with small turbo units.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I know just how you feel, in a way, lol.

But I was very lucky, I loan swapped my 197 so knew I wouldn't be without.

Go buy one. Now :smile:

RS Clio. FIVE door!?! Ewww, what are they doing!?! :worried:

Anyway, back in the land of on-topic posts... I'd go for a late 197 and save some money plus have a better looking car. :wink:

If you can push to a Limited Edition then they'll probably hold their value better but in all seriousness I personally couldn't justify the extra pennies over a ''normal'' 200. If you're willing to look at other RS too, like the R26 you mentioned, then I'd go for the R26. I very nearly bought a 225 Trophy in the summer as it was available for a ridiculous £5500 from a Renault main dealer. Shop around and use the car-finder on the Renault website, you'll be surprised what might be on there.

And dealers will always give discounts around Christmas, get those figures boosted in a traditionally ''tough'' time for sales...

It's official Roy, the Clio Mk4 will only be available in 5 door, including the RS model. This is to tie in for 'chassis sharing' with Nissan... :thumbdown:

Going to speak to my dealer tomorrow regarding the Silverstone. Seen an offer of £0 deposit and £299 P/M for 44 months...

You have gotta be joking, :swear::swear:

hum -

If your going for a silverstone get a 1 owner example from a dealer & take out some of the depreciation...

Other than that the meggy is a good bet- you could secure an R26 LUX for 10k on an 08

S

think after reading this and they do only build a 5dr clio RS then i will be looking at Meg 230s after 9 clio RSs.
Sorry for the moaning just annnoyed me this has