the red baron progress

well today did the yearly brake strip/clean/lube and also a brake fluid change...

also replaced the broken n/s/f rear section wheelarch liner....£49! :worried:

P2100002_zpsa4bd75f8.jpg

P2100003_zpseb59d172.jpg

then put the referbed wheels and new tyres on :thumbsup:

P2110006_zps52738a54.jpg

P2110005_zps247da104.jpg

P2110004_zpsa5b12277.jpg

when i did the gearbox oil change i have used this time a 75w80 full synthetic oil instead of the 75w90 synthetic i had in before...also managed to get in 2.0ltrs as when i first did it only 1.8 litres came out...so i wonder if renault underfill the gearboxes???

gear change seems smoother when cold :coffee:

Did you replace the wee wheel arch fasteners also? I mangled a few of ours when I had the liners out a while back.

Is it? I have to admit that I haven't checked the manual but when I asked Tim (oilman) for which one I should go for (70w or 75) he recommended the 70w80...

http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30556&page=5

I haven't changed the oil yet, should I go for 75w you reckon mate?

the renault info i have all the gear oils listed are 75w...

i would say that it depends on how the change is when cold - if its not bad from cold then a 75 porbably be ok if its like some other being a bit awkward then the 70 might be better...

i went from 75w90 synthetic to a 75w80 synthetic and the chnage is better...

Did you replace the wee wheel arch fasteners also? I mangled a few of ours when I had the liners out a while back.

i have spares but usually get them out without breaking them - i use some long nosed pliers to get under the head and grip the barbed end :foxspeed:

coming up to mot time again!

so the pads are getting changed tomorrow hopefully as they have seriously lost bite..

also going to clean the throttle body out - been surging slightly on a small throttle opening

plus a quick check over before it goes in next Wednesday for test

Similar Thread Suggestions