Think I'm going to 17's.....

Got a small crack in alloy. Can be easily and safely repaired at ally welder but got me thinking is it time for a change??

Your car will look worse no matter what wheels you go for IMO.

It will probably handle better on 17s though I suppose.

interesting point, one which I would also like to know the answer to.. Which handles better 17's or 18's

At a guess the lower profile tyres required for 18's mean you loose some of the compliance a larger side wall gives over small bumps.

18's inveribly weigh more than the equivelent 17" rim too and any unsprung weight changes makes quite a noticable difference, at least to how it feels.

if you read road tests of the raider (18 wheels) it gets as good if not better write ups then the standard 17 wheel 200's.....

if you read road tests of the raider (18 wheels) it gets as good if not better write ups then the standard 17 wheel 200's.....

This is what I thought. Its just like when people say the cup is a better car than the full fat because its a tad lighter.

In reality there's probably very few people on here that could actually make any difference in a consistent laptime with a 17" alloy over an 18"