Thinking of a change

Nashy

Platinum Member
Got to say love the R27:biggrin: but i miss a bit of the rawness i had from the 182 been talking to a mate who has a mint trophy and i mean 'mint' with a few extra's who is interested in my R27. Went and met him on fri and i must say loved the trophy:thumbup: we had a go in each others had a chat and come to an agreement. Not done the deal as yet just wanted a few thoughts off you guys.

Cheers

Nashy

It would let me put some funds aside for the next one in a couple of years (meg 250 focus rs)

Nashy

I like the refinements of the 197/r27 so I would be reluctant to take a step to a 182 but thats just me! A 182 will be nice for the summer TBH so it looks like you are doing it at the right time, but IMO the r27 is a nicer place to be if you use it a lot. If its just a weekend thing then go for it!

lol that seems to justify things. alough with the rate the worlds going (and taking note of the movie 2012) not much time. which is why i think im bout to blow all my money on a car. but im in the same situation as you...
i keep changing my mind... mainly cuz the clio is so good.
what deal you got set uo on the trophy?

well the guy has a mark fish set up and a orbisound exhaust etc etc worth around 2k-2.5k so its just about a straight swap, its the exact thing i want and i would do to it so would only need to be serviced and washed but the trophys seem to hold decent value too, as for driving i dont use my R27 that much im in a car school with work so maybe 2-3 times a week.

Nashy

If your not using your R27 much then I imagine you are just giving it a good belting at the weekends. If this is the case than you cant really go wrong with a 182.

However, IMO (which is biased :blink:smile:, you cant live with a 182 like you can a 197. It is so easy to live with, an elderly person could own one and never lift the bonnet.

Bottom line, your already driving the best :thumbup:

This is very true the 197 is a better day driver and in general better to drive i agree but at the end of the day i think im looking for more of a raw drive?! deal is not deffo yet if not ill be more than happy to keep mine!

Nashy

You'd be a mug if you were to "straight swap". Your getting an older, smaller car. Its got a system that he paid 2.5k for (Mods dont add value to the car).

If this goes through, he'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

Thanks for the comments folks still unsure but ill let you know how it unfolds because i have some plans for the R27 anyhoo!

Nashy

You'd be a mug if you were to "straight swap". Your getting an older, smaller car. Its got a system that he paid 2.5k for (Mods dont add value to the car).

If this goes through, he'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

+1 your R27 is worth what 12k? His trophy 7k? **** deal! Sell R27 and buy another cheaper. I personally would keep the r27, I love thrashing mine, i think its raw. Up to you tho.

i would very much doubt that any colour apart from LY would fetch that i would say 9k-10.k max tbh looking about.

Nashy

I agree with others, if your're going to do a straight swap then you are the one losing out matey! Trophy + £2k would be more like it

The mods the guy put on i could sell for that plus he is getting all paintwork done so will be mint as i said before its not a deffo atm.

Nashy

Stop messing and get a meg sport ! Went in one at the weekend and it blew me away plus through a grand at it an you 270*+ bhp !

I want one bad !

But if u don't then keep the 197 182 is to old and if not now will soon be a burden to keep going

Trophy's are around £7k mint private. R27s should be around £11k, as others are saying I think you are really losing out on this deal. If someone had offered me that deal on my mint 182 with subtle mods I'd have snapped their arm off. Do miss the rawness of the 182 but absolutely love the ride quality and driveability of the R27. No contest in my opinion.