Tips on fitting Hekos?

Hi guys. My hekos arrived today.

Any tips/dos/fonts before I attack this job?

Think they will compliment my nimbus r27 well

I didn't use the metal clips that come with them (I never do) and I trimmed a few mm of the end closest to the mirror so it doesn't sit behind the window rubber. They haven't moved since I put them in like that.

They set the nimbus off nicely mate, fitted mine last week.
Slide the front on, then the back and pushed the rest in front to back, didn't use clips either, put the windows up and left over night, windows go up and down with no problems.
Enjoy the look

clean out the window channel where the diflector sits in, i think the deflector come with sachet anyway.

Make sure they are warm before fitting them otherwise they snap when you bend them, I've learnt the hard way.

I would advise you to use the clips just not too many of them. After time the deflectors will become loose and will fall out. Others have used double sided sticky tape to stick them to the window seal. This a quick fitting guide i used to send out when i sold them:

1) Firstly lower the window so it's 100% down.
2) Take a cloth and wipe the rubber window seal to make sure all dirt is has been cleaned.
3) Unwrap the wind deflectors from packaging (make sure you don't throw away the little bag with the metal clips inside as it located in the plastic packaging).
4) Peal off the yellow sticker.
5) Mount the front side of the deflector first by inserting it into the rubber seal.
6) Bend the deflector slightly, in order for the rear part to slide into the seal. ( don't be afraid to bend them slightly as they are fairly flexible).
7) Now you are at the stage where both the front and rear sections of the deflector have been inserted. Slide the centre section into the seal so that the deflector is fully mounted into the seal.
8 ) Take the metal clip and use a flat head screw driver, in order to push it into the seal. Usually the clips should be placed in the middle but some cars may require more than one clip on one side but the clips are provided accordingly to model and make. The sharp bit of the metal clip should be facing towards the inside of the car. Certain cars require a fair bit of patience when fitting, as the car thinks that something is trapped in the window ( astra vxr for example). If this is the case the clips should be placed at the rear of the deflector to push it out a bit to prevent it catching. if the problem returns try disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes as this will reset the system.
9) Job done

Clips just pop in under the deflector, with the flat side against the deflector. It'll literally take you 30 seconds :smile: