To good to be true ?

A2ON

Platinum Member
Car washed yesterday towled down an polished .

But when the sun came out I noticed that there are quite. Few swirls possibly from bad wash process by previous owner or mayb a car wash !

Called up a local mobile detailer an asked him how much for a wash leather machine buff an polish and asked him of a machine buff would cure the problem of the swirls he says yes and says if he can do it on a Saturday it would cost me £25 !!!! Is this to good to be true should I be wary ?

I'm no detailer I've only ever used auto glym super resin not sure how to use clay etc

So what do you guys think give him a go or go elsewhere ?

Last edited:
TBH £25 sounds very cheap! To do it properly you would use more than that value in materials!

Have a look in the thread http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2251 seems to be a similar sort of dilemma but the prices are well out from what he is saying to you!

Without being rude, I would want to make sure he knows what he is doing first of all! Wouldn't be cheap to get someone to fix any mistakes he made.

a machine buff wont touch the swirls.

What do you reccomend jase ?

Fiteam cheers mate I've had a read throught that thread I'd take it to him but he is miles away like 100+

Anyone know anyone local to the Norfolk area

A machine polish will get rid of the swirls if using the right compound. Will need glazing back up after though and for £25 i doubt he'll be doing all that.

Not so jase, my g220 removes them with ultimate compound. :thumbup:

takes about 3 hours to do the car properly.

Yeh but that's not a buff.
I was once offered one of these by a place near me.
Said it would get rid of swirls for £30.
But when I asked about proceses...
2 bucket wash=no
claying=no
cutting compound=no
wax=no

al he was going to do was quick wash then polish the car with a lambs wool mop head thing on a machine polisher to make the car shiny.

Yes sorry my mistake not just a buff it would require a cutting compound of some sort but a pro would use a normal polisher but then again would charge 200+

mine takes 3 hours as it's new, so no need to clay at the mo and I intend to keep on top of it.

I use a kartcher, 2 grit buckets and microfiber mits and cloths all of which I wash after every use and bin if dropped.

I still get little bits that need work.

Dont do it buddy.

places that use 'buffers' create more swirls and it wont get rid of any of the existing swirls.
I have a buffer, and because I use it properly and most importantly 'thoroughly wash and dry' the lambswool mitt on the buffer before I use it, it always looks good.

These car wash places use the same wool mitt for ever car, and it is usually stored somewhere where it gets filthy and gritty, and then they use it on your car crating a nice 'swirly shine' :wink:

Plus a buffer only spins at enough rpm to produce a shine, it would not touch swirls as jase said. You need a proper machine polish my friend, not a buff.

Last edited:
Ohh I need some one to do it . I called around today does not seem like there is anywhere decent local !

I'd chew my own arm off before sending any of my cars to somewhere like that. It takes hours to machine polish a car and the majority of that is in the prep. not to mention the cost of materials