Too loud, options?

Lawpf2001

Paid Member
Hi all. Picked up a low mileage 200 two weeks ago, my first Renault. Was sold as having an scorpion exhaust. Although it sounds good I've decided its a little too loud for my liking especially on the motorway.

I had it put on ramps to check what was going on underneath and it seems to have a secondary decat and a KTR pipe fitted. It did pass an MOT that dealer out it through, but not sure if it would pass again at somewhere more legit.

What are my options if here to make it quieter. And what is the ktr pipe? I can't match it to anything they currently sell.
IMG20230526083812.jpg
IMG20230526083807.jpg

It'll pass the mot if the first cat is still present at the manifold. Replacing the decat with a standard cat will quieten it down a little, also if it's non-resonated then fitting a resonated centre section will also help.

I've got a system you might be interested in swapping?

Standard cat, the catback was originally a resonated Gravity system (about 6 months old) but it was far too loud for me, so I had the biggest silencer I could fit custom made by Fast Road Conversions just under 2 months ago. Car still has a nice little burble but there isn't any motorway drone. It's just a little bit too quiet for me now haha.

Located in the south east if you're interested, I can send some pics too.

It'll pass the mot if the first cat is still present at the manifold. Replacing the decat with a standard cat will quieten it down a little, also if it's non-resonated then fitting a resonated centre section will also help.
Maybe a dumb question. But is the box in the first image not a resonator?

Maybe a dumb question. But is the box in the first image not a resonator?

Yeah sorry, didn't realise those were your pics. Looks like you have a ktr resonated system with a decat pipe. Check the backbox, it'll also have the ktr logo on it.