Towel or Squeedgy...

....currently use a waffle weave towel and its worn out....was considering getting a silicone squeedgy....or should I stick with a towel?

Squeegy for the windows and a microfibre for everywhere else IMO. Should give you the best streak-free results that way!

Stay away from the squeeeegyyyy, I used one once and ended up with a nice long scratch down my car from the tiniest bit of grit :worried:

The squeedgy sends cold shivers down my back.

Don't use it on your paint work please, glass is ok if you have to use one.

I've just used a Meguires Water Magnet Drying Towel for the first time and I'm very impressed. Also used their microfibre wash mit for the first time and I'm impressed with that too. Seems to lift the dirt and dead bodies off the car easy! Going to try there 3 step polish/wax system when it stops raining!

have you clayed it arran?

No, didn't clay it. Wish I had have done though. Spent 5 hours on it today and I'm still not happy. I used the Maguirs 3 stage Crystal System. The paint cleaner I thought was useless, but the polish and the wax seem good. The paintwork still feels rough though, so next time I'm going to use a clay bar and some scratch remover on the bad bits. The front is covered in stone chips which annoyed me. I have also noticed that some ar***ole has damaged the rubbing strip on the passenger side, so it definately needs spraying now! :s

No, didn't clay it. Wish I had have done though. Spent 5 hours on it today and I'm still not happy. I used the Maguirs 3 stage Crystal System. The paint cleaner I thought was useless, but the polish and the wax seem good. The paintwork still feels rough though, so next time I'm going to use a clay bar and some scratch remover on the bad bits. The front is covered in stone chips which annoyed me. I have also noticed that some ar***ole has damaged the rubbing strip on the passenger side, so it definately needs spraying now! :s

Ye give your car a good going over with some clay, did mine today for the first time this year and the white clay bar had turned dark brown just by doing the bonnet. Smooth as a baby's bottom now though hehe

Just need to get rid of some very stubborn tar stains tomorrow then its waxing time.

Just as note Arran as I would hate for you scratch your car, keep an eye on your Water Magnet, they have tendency to go hard and scratch the car.

Last edited:
Ok, thanks Matt. I'll make sure I wash it after every couple of dryes. Hopefully that'll keep it going strong. I feel like starting my car again tomorrow actually. I won't though, the fiancee will go mad! Ha ha!

you def need to clay it mate when you have it will feel like a babys bum lol

if ure removing heavy contaminents very fine clay makes it hard work i recommend meguirs medium clay. its £22 but does a great job lube wise dodo born slippy cant go wrong.

use your old towel for doing the wheels and the new for the rest. dont use a squeedgy. my dad mullered the paint on my integra when he done me a favour and cleaned it. took a days to get the marks out

only hand wash the towel as using and detergent makes it go harder quicker

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
LOCKE Detailing 24
M Detailing 6
jase Detailing 29
Roy Detailing 20
M Detailing 14