toyota detailing sesh

E

Ed...

today i embarked upon a mammoth task, i decided i was going to detail (well polish atleast) the new addition to my driveway .

she's a toyota corrola GL 1.3 N reg (15 years old lol)

It starts first time and runs sweet as a nut. 70k on the clock . . . . yes seven zero lol

i thought i would add a few pictures to give u all a laugh.

oh and petrol . . . . . i am getting withdrawal symptoms from the petrol stations lol 1 and a half weeks and still no fill up.

toyotacorrola012.gif
toyotacorrola011.gif
toyotacorrola010.gif the paint was all as dull as the door before i started
toyotacorrola008.gif
toyotacorrola007.gif
toyotacorrola005.gif
toyotacorrola002.gif look at the boot lid yukky yellow lol
toyotacorrola001.gif

so the car gets a second chance lol

oh and heres my 197 sleeping VVVVV
toyotacorrola004.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
i would say cup lol as she doesnt even have a radio . . . . u know the weight and that.

Retro! Sweet mate! Loving those steel wheels! I bet the tyres screem a treat! Lol!

It's actually no where near as bad as I thought it might be, bargain for £130!

the price you see isnt what you pay though lol i wouldnt pay that for brakes.

lmao i dont like mad . . . . . . i like clinically insane. the brakes are £600 less than the price shows or i could order a set to be custom made but they take like 4 - 6 weeks.

like I said its just a project car. maybe take it to some shows n what not

might not go for the brembo's yet as they look too . . . . .. standard lol

lool! im sure u wouldnt be the only one if we had the money....but fair play to u! are u taking it to trax?

wont be ready. its untaxed and un-insured until the work is complete. even when the work is done i think it will just be taken to shows on a trailer as i think i would find it impossible to insure.

I see the KW sticker on ure bumper u running V1 or V3?

yh insurance will be interesting after youve had all the work done! ..... and V1's mate...was going to get the V3's but i use my car alot more on the road than a track so didnt warrant having them.... and i see your point about the brmbo's looking the same! i think the standard brakes are plenty gd enough unless your going to go 300bhp+

well the problem is they are good but not good enough i went out in a friends M3 CSL and the stopping power put mine to shame. so im looking at high spec, alcon (same as CSL) or those brembo GT's. ive found u can get alot of the prices u see on the net down quite considerably with a phone call.

well i was paying circa £800 but most insurance companies wont touch modded cars anyways ill have to wait n see.

yeah i just got the V3's cus of the track use. ordered some topmounts too so i can stop the inside of my tyres wearing away.

yh im considering top mounts but ide rather spend the money on some recaros :worried: lol ...for the price bracket are cars are in ide say their the best on the market. its gunna be some car when your finished thou! have u done a 0-60 at where ur car is now with the forged pistons and cams etc?

not a timed one but i took one of the mechanics out in it cus he asked and it even felt faster to me I was very impressed. oh and i took a guy out from here called lynden (used to drive a black 200) n he said it was insane lol. yeah definately a great car for the money.

I do think they would sell more if they slammed them coming off the production line like BMW did with the cooper GP.

petrol heads would jump at an already modded 2.0ltr 200 hp car that weighs 1200kg. even if it was £23000. i honestly think they would be queueing out of the door.

up to now before SC works start ive spent about 5 k the bottom line of the agreement from renault was £18,830.19 so it makes sense to just do it in the factory lol

i think im going to look into performance soon then! yh i agree with ya they need to be alot lower from factory and i think they should come with things like recaro's as standard..be alot more of an apeal to people...who does all the work to your car?

bits I buy in like coilis, brakes and other goodies I do as its easy. the engine work was done and set up by a place called charlestown motors in glossop. I showed him a quote from APD and he laughed £3600+ for cams, headwork (polished, ported and skimmed), forged internals and a custom map, Charlestown did the lot for £2400 and ive not had one problem.