Track day helmet?

Nashy

Platinum Member
Got a few track days lined up this year one coming up soon just wanted some advice on buying one! dont have a clue where to start!!??

Cheers

Nashy:blush:

well i would say round the £100 mark really but cheaper the better! what about sizes ect...

Nashy

Go to your local motorbike clothing store and get a bike helmet. They are fine and allowed for trackdays, I have one bike helmet and one car helmet.

How much we looking at for a half decent one?

Go to Hein Gericke on Great Western Road in town mate. I paid £130 for my bike helmet.

is openface better?

Nashy

You can get open face but I went for full face because everyones into there cars at trackdays you can get a few passenger laps if your talking away to people, caterhams, atoms etc.

You'll be able to get one from there too mate their shops are all over the UK

Last edited:
great idea never thought of that my mates got a westfield so would be good for that!! nice one mate cheers!

Nashy

i got mine from lidl just a bike helmet cost me £30 was in one of there special offers magazines

apparently the rules are changing and your gonna need specific helmets for trackdays but ive never seen anybody being asked about their helmets

Don't do what I did at cadwell and go for a pass lap in my bike helmet with no visor fitted !!! Flys in my eyes at 90mph mental lol

I just use my bike lid if it's good enough for my 180mph yamaha r1 it will do for the Clio lol