Track day lessons......

Was thinking whats the point of me spending 1000's on improving the clio but I'm not a good enough driver to make the most of them....quite funny really!!!! My mates got a battered 172 and he's quicker than most with their fancy coilover set-ups.

Its like those people that buy expensive football boots thinking that they're gonna now be Ronaldo cause they are wearing pink boots.

Thats why I'm booking myself some track day lessons.....at least its a life skill I can take with me irrespective of whether I've got the clio or not.....

Last edited:
Definately a more effective way to make you quicker than any mod mate.

A set of R888s and an instructor would make you quicker than most.

Exactly what I'm going to do, you put that really well, so true why spend 1000s and not be able to use something properly!

Definitely worthwhile, last TD I did I had an instructor @ 10am and again at 2pm, really helped me to improve my driving. £35 well spent!

Best to get an instructor on your first day, pointless if you've done a few already I found as there's only so much someone can teach you in 20 minutes in a car they don't know.

I do think its very dependant on the instructor. ive been in cars with lots of people. some are very helpful and knowledgeable others don't seem to care. Personally for the small outlay I think regardless of your ability/car its a worthwhile investment. People that think they're too good for advice are the people you find falling off track when their ego overcomes their ability.